PDA

View Full Version : Had a close one today. :P

rickm
09-02-2004, 02:35 PM
The mrs called wanted me home so we could do lunch and go buy a new bed for the small child. I bailed and hit the road.

I was on the interstate when some prat drove up behind me with highbeams on. Ok, so it's sprinkling, there is no need for highbeams during the day. She passed me, I got behind her and flicked my lights a few times. No go. She nailed it and kept going. Lots of weaving in and out of traffic, she came very close to eating a logging truck. :P

As I approached the I40/240 split she cut in front of a semi and pulled into the left lane. I was in the right lane accelerating up the ramp in S3. I look over and she yanks the wheel hard to the right, barely missing a UHaul truck towing a car and a monster Ford F150. Time stood still, I look over and she's heading my way at an angle. I punch it and can see the headlights of her car and the Toyota emblem on the grill. She catches a tire on something, the direction of the car changes and she barely misses my rear bumper...it must have been a foot or so gap from when her front bumper came near my left rear. She nails the embankment headon, bounces, then ends up sideways.

I lockup the breaks and pull over. I run back and 2 folks are already stopped. I reach in to throttle the driver when I realize it's a female. Clearly under the influence of something. Very granola looking, must be one of our Asheville newagers, complete with turquoise rings on every finger and a dream catcher on her rear view (everyone here thinks they're Native American). One of the other folks has the police on the line, we're trying to occupy her while we wait for them to come. The rear bumper of the car is almost off, the left rear rim bent, the tail lights hanging out...and the driver has no frigging clue where in the heck she is. She takes off, the F150 gives chase (that thing was moving, I didn't think a 4x4 could move that fast). The police, being Asheville, never show. SHP drives by, said they'll find her.

If you're in WNC and see an earth biscuit driving a tan Corolla with the rear bumper hanging off, left rear rim bent and mud everywhere, stop her and smack the **** out of her for me.

632 Regal
09-02-2004, 02:57 PM
what a scene! glad you slipped by on that one!

Springfield1952
09-02-2004, 03:38 PM
. . . earth biscuit . . . I'll have to remember that one :p

Curt.
1994 530iT, liven' in the original land of fruits and nuts.

winfred
09-02-2004, 08:16 PM
driving wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for all of the other *******s on the road, i damn near got t boned by some choad that ran a stop sign when i was in the 325, fortunatly i saw them and reacted by lighting up the backend and walking the back of the car right around the front of their car, i didn't see the point in stopping, i may not of been able to resist using my head knocker (weighted hickory tire billy) it's open season on stop signs and red lights around here WTF

rickm
09-02-2004, 08:42 PM
I've been to your neck of the woods, Winfred, folks can't drive but this person...to cut off a semi you need to have cajones the size of Texas. If they did catch her they'd let her go, the city couldn't find Mengele guilty of murder if they were watching him the whole time.

Speaking of, some assistant DA here let a guy with 17 charges of taking indecent liberties against kids PLEA BARGAIN down to 3 counts, which lets him go w/o jail time. I wish that bastard was standing on the side of the road when this happened, the drunk would have done us all a favor.

winfred
09-02-2004, 08:44 PM
yea but do 5 over on the interstate and that's your ass

I've been to your neck of the woods, Winfred, folks can't drive but this person...to cut off a semi you need to have cajones the size of Texas. If they did catch her they'd let her go, the city couldn't find Mengele guilty of murder if they were watching him the whole time.

Speaking of, some assistant DA here let a guy with 17 charges of taking indecent liberties against kids PLEA BARGAIN down to 3 counts, which lets him go w/o jail time. I wish that bastard was standing on the side of the road when this happened, the drunk would have done us all a favor.

G Feller
09-03-2004, 09:53 AM
Eh, Jeff?

Rick, glad you were on your toes enough to escape that one.

There will be a whole lot of bad drivers out this weekend (and cops, and deer, etc.) . . . be smart and safe, everyone.

yea but do 5 over on the interstate and that's your ass