PDA

View Full Version : Minneapolis BMW Owner's Group Gathering!!!

Triton540i
09-01-2004, 07:39 PM
Eric Kozar
E-Mail: estonbach@aol.com
Yahoo Groups “Minneapolis BMW”

Hello Everyone,
Welcome to September! I still can't believe how fast this year is moving, it feels like the snow just melted a couple months ago and fall is coming upon us fast! First of all I would like to thank all of you who made it to the last gathering as it was one of our most successful gatherings of the summer! We had 7 cars and 9 people attend, here are some links to pictures for those who haven't had a chance to see them yet (Lisa's PICS and Steve's PICS ) these were posted in our TechnoBMW.com forum through the generous support from BIMMERBOARD.com. I know we had some bizzare luck with planning for the monthly gatherings in the past, several of the dates lined up with important dates like Saint Patrick's Day and National Night Out not to mention another couple other holidays. This month we don't have any conflicts that I'm aware of and hope that many of you that were unable to join us last month can make it to this one! We will be gathering this upcoming Tuesday September 7, 2004 at 7:00PM at the Calhoun Professional Building's parking lot, then walk over to Caribou Coffee across the street in the Calhoun Commons around 7:30PM. I'll list the information below if you have any questions. Please, please, please try to make it to this gathering, we actually had a few BMW owners drive through the lot last time, rolling slowly through to check out the line up!

Increasing Membership Base:
I know I keep harping on the group to make a serious attempt to make it to the gatherings, but it's only once a month and you never know what you're going to miss! I would love to see more people in our group, that's why I'm asking that you tell more about us! It's totally simple and you never know who you're going to meet! I would also like to see our number of women involved increase since it's good to have a balance between male and female enthusiasts!

The TechnoBMW.com Website:
I posted a note on the forum to Steve explaining the situation with our TechnoBMW.com website and I would like to tell everybody what's going on. Recently my computer took a nose dive and the hard drive gave it's last breath and did the meltdown thing. I was able to get a couple small drives for my box and have only loaded my most basic software as I'm limited to 4.5 Gigs of space. Without getting too complicated with things, I'm unable to work on the website until I get my new computer and I'm holding out for a Macintosh laptop instead because it would work out great for school and all that other stuff. I'm hoping to get it in the next month or two, I'll be flipping out when I get it and will surely be more excited than usual, be aware! In the meantime, we'll have to endure the hardships of basic bland templates with Latin text talking about a whole lot of nothing. I've had some offers by some of our members to assist in the website and I would be very interested in maybe working on it as a group project? Let me know by E-mailing me directly with some input so I can get an idea of what our members find important and not important in a website.

Future Tech Sessions:
I know that there will possibly be a Clutch Delete Valve Tech Session this upcoming weekend. I think Steve is proposing a Window Regulator Replacement Tech Session sometime in the near future. I'm hoping to have one on the Control Arm Replacement as soon as I can get things together for parts and find time. If you have any ideas for Tech Sessions, PLEASE post them on the BIMMERBOARD.com (TechnoBMW.com Forum) and the MinneapolsBMW Yahoo forums. If you have date all ready set up for the event, just copy the master E-mail list above and send us all an E-mailing in addition to posting them in the forums to gain attendance.

For those of you who are new to our group, here is the gathering information for this upcoming event:

September 7th, 2004

Calhoun Professional Building (7:00PM)
3033 Excelsior Blvd. Minneapolis, MN 55416

Caribou Coffee (7:30PM)
3044 Excelsior Boulevard #103 Minneapolis, MN 612-285-9650

Well with that I'll be calling this one a wrap. I hope to see you all try to make it there this month and I'm still in the process of getting some fall plans together for the group. If you have any ideas or suggestions, let me know!

-Eric Kozar (Founder)