PDA

View Full Version : front end vibration

mrbmw1
08-31-2004, 08:05 AM
I just changed control arms & bushings what else would cuse my vibration going to get wheels balanced today

BCOOK2
09-01-2004, 08:26 PM
Is This For Your 540 Or 325? I Have A Small Vibration Only At 45-50 Mph In My 325. It Got Much More Pronounced When I Installed My New 17's. I Have Already Done The Control Arms And Bushings. All I Have Left Is The Front Hubs, And Strut Inserts/mounts. I'll Let You Know If Either Of These Cured My Issue. My Wheels Are Also Balanced. I've Heard Some Of These Cars Need To Have The Wheels Balanced On The Car, Which Is Expensive, Especially If You Rotate Regularily.

mrbmw1
09-07-2004, 07:19 AM
Basically the same problem installed 17's & my control arms were going so I replaced them.
Also how does yours run with the HEADERS/535 AFM/AC CHIP/19# INJ./ETC.?

BCOOK2
09-07-2004, 07:29 PM
I Haven't Had A Chance To Run It On A Dyno Yet, But I Can Definately Feel The Increase In Hp So Far. It Would Probably Be Fair To Say I'm At About 205hp. Winfred Has An Air/fuel Gauge In His That Would Definately Be Handy, I Think I'm Running Lean In The Low End. To Make This All Work Right, I'm Going To Install An Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, And A A/f Gauge. I Was Able To Replace My Strut Inserts This Weekend, And Noticed That My Wheel Hub Itself Or The Actual Spindle Is Not True When Spinning. I'm Thinking This Is Going To Solve My Vibration, After I Buy A (33/34 Mm?) Socket To Remove Them. I'll Let You Know Next Monday How That Worked. As For The Struts, The Front Feels Refreshed.

winfred
09-07-2004, 08:09 PM
id guess closer to about 180-185, i wasn't completely out of fuel with the stock injectors and mathmaticly their good for 175-180. mine runs like a bat outta hell and i still get 23 mpg while flogging it hard all week

It Would Probably Be Fair To Say I'm At About 205hp

BCOOK2
09-07-2004, 09:04 PM
You'd Know Better Than Me, It Doesn't Help That I Drive At 4,000 To 6,500 Feet Above Sea Level Either. Basically I Change My Thermostat From 71 Deg. To 80's Twice Annually Because Of Our Mediterranian Climate. This Car Never Sees The Same Weather Two Days In A Row. It Runs Better On Some Days Than Other Because Of Outside Temperature. Have You Dyno'd Your Car Winfred? I Know You Have Nicer Exhaust/chip. There Actually Isn't A Place To Dyno My Car Within Less Than A Few Hundred Miles. All The More Reason To Take A Cruise, Huh?

winfred
09-07-2004, 10:23 PM
not yet i am saving that trip for the devil motor i am trying to get together, shooting for around 220 or so

Have You Dyno'd Your Car Winfred?