PDA

View Full Version : problem with the drivers door lock

micjordan
08-28-2004, 10:31 PM
Hey guys. I'm having a problem with the drivers side door lock. It started out only happening about 1/5 or less of the time but now after a couple months it happens every single time. When I unlock the doors the drivers side door lock only comes up about half way so I have to open the back door and reach through to unlock it the rest of the way manually so that I can open the door. And of course its only the drivers door...the one you really need to unlock. Does anyone have any idea what it might be? Does it need greased inside....a new (something). I'm clueless. Also, does anyone know where I might find instructions on taking the inside panel off the door so I can access the locking mechanisms and take a look at it?

Thanks,

-Adam

micjordan
08-28-2004, 10:33 PM
Hey guys. I'm having a problem with the drivers side door lock. It started out only happening about 1/5 or less of the time but now after a couple months it happens every single time. When I unlock the doors the drivers side door lock only comes up about half way so I have to open the back door and reach through to unlock it the rest of the way manually so that I can open the door. And of course its only the drivers door...the one you really need to unlock. Does anyone have any idea what it might be? Does it need greased inside....a new (something). I'm clueless. Also, does anyone know where I might find instructions on taking the inside panel off the door so I can access the locking mechanisms and take a look at it?

Thanks,

-Adam

632 Regal
08-28-2004, 10:33 PM
does it come up when you open the pass side? Mine dont come up at all but works properly, all i have to do is lift it after open and it stays where its supposed to, if I open the pass side it comes all the way up like its supposed to. Did you try the other side?

micjordan
08-28-2004, 10:51 PM
Its a 740. I'm not sure how the 5 series works but when you unlock it with a key from either the passenger or drivers side or use the remote its just an electronic switch that unlocks all the doors so doing it from the passenger side makes no difference. I just tried the passenger side for the heck of it and it does the same thing, the drivers side lock only comes up about half way. All the other locks come up just fine every time. You can see that its trying to come up partially but just doesnt come up far enough. When you unlock it with your hand the rest of the way you can feel a bit of resistance like it needs oiled or something new inside the slider part. Its not alot of resistance but there is a little. It could just be how its design because I dont think its enough resistance to prevent the motor from raising the lock but I could be wrong.

does it come up when you open the pass side? Mine dont come up at all but works properly, all i have to do is lift it after open and it stays where its supposed to, if I open the pass side it comes all the way up like its supposed to. Did you try the other side?