PDA

View Full Version : M3 engine mounts upgrade for 325i?

Bruno
08-28-2004, 08:10 PM
The engine mounts on the 325is seem weak compaired to the M3 ones.

It looks like the M3 ones can be installed on the 325i/328i.

Can someone confirm?

Planning on installing the M3 engine mounts, the 320i transmission mounts, the x brace, M3 control arms, delrin control arm bushing... and racing suspension if I can find the one I want.

I also have to remove everything that is not usefull in the engine bay... AC and all.

My complete M3 suspension with H&R springs and sway bars will be for sale at some point next year..

94is
08-29-2004, 01:40 PM
We replaced the motor mounts in my car with stock bmw ones. I don't remember if there was a significant difference for m3 and 325. The motors are basically identical so I don't know why there would be a difference. There are however a few aftermarket companies that make race mounts since that seems like what you're interested in.
When I did all my work, we swapped in brand new '95 m3 control arms with the offset bushings, stock tranny mounts and the xbrace is going in next week. I really like the mounts that I have in my car. I also have the Rogue Octane ssk, and it makes for a very tight and short shift.
My car however is not a dedicated track car, so its fine for me and my daily driving. :p