PDA

View Full Version : Door Leak

2K328i
08-16-2004, 11:14 PM
Hey guys. I bought a used 2000/328i sedan with 47K miles. When it rains heavily, the passenger side door leaks from somewhere. The water comes in from the bottom (toward front) from the Joint at the inner seals. I am not sure weather its dripping through the glass and from the door panel. Does anyone else has such problem. If not does any one knows the probable cause and remedy on this....I dont wanna c the dealer and waste 1K on seals.....
Any help is appreciated....

......2K328i...... ;)

mankiks323
08-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Hey guys. I bought a used 2000/328i sedan with 47K miles. When it rains heavily, the passenger side door leaks from somewhere. The water comes in from the bottom (toward front) from the Joint at the inner seals. I am not sure weather its dripping through the glass and from the door panel. Does anyone else has such problem. If not does any one knows the probable cause and remedy on this....I dont wanna c the dealer and waste 1K on seals.....
Any help is appreciated....

......2K328i...... ;)

hey 2k i have had the same problem. This is what the problem is inside your door panels there are "vaper barriors" that seal out wind and water they are a formed panel and held by butyl tape it this matarial is flexable enough to peel back if you need to work on the window parts in the door it may have come loose and needs to be pushed back. I replaced my front door barriors because one side had hole in it other side i replaced with new butyle tape. Seems to hold up now i only had one time were it has come undone and had to open door panel and push "tape" so it would seal again. i bought butyl tape at a napa part store its roled up and is used for windshields also about 10 dollar one package will do 2 doors. If your car has airbags on side doors i would disconnect battery before you do any work on the doors :)