PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control not working

datart
08-08-2004, 07:18 AM
My cruise control has not worked since I bought the car 18 months ago and it is now starting to bug me. (95 530 auto touring).

I have removed the actuator unit and taken it apart for examination. It look like new inside and using a 12 volt supply I can get the motor to rotate in both directions and the solenoid to engage.

Is there a way I can test the voltage at the multiplug? does anyboy know what the readings should be or a simple pinout diagram would be helpful.

I can put he car on a lift and get some one to run get it up to speed and trigger the switch but I really net to know what readings I should be getting at the plug.

Thanks in advance.

rockyfeller
08-08-2004, 09:23 PM
Hey, I have a problem too. My cruise was working perfect till recently. It really does suck because I rely on cruise heavily on the highway. The fuse is fine. How do you get to the actual unit?

bimmerd00d
08-08-2004, 10:13 PM
if your OBC is not functioning correctly, the cruise control will not work. remove your OBC drive a few miles, and reinstall it. This might fix your problem.

tim s
08-09-2004, 02:21 PM
when i tried to engage it the pedal felt like it was tapping my foot & the cruise would not stay engaged. we used the actuator test instructions from alldata's dvd & the actuator tested fine. it has worked ever since we tested it. i do not remember the test pins. what i do remember is it was a pain to get to it under the brake booster.
thanks
tim s.

datart
08-09-2004, 02:43 PM
when i tried to engage it the pedal felt like it was tapping my foot & the cruise would not stay engaged. we used the actuator test instructions from alldata's dvd & the actuator tested fine. it has worked ever since we tested it. i do not remember the test pins. what i do remember is it was a pain to get to it under the brake booster.
thanks
tim s.

Do you have those instructions for testing by any chance? I have a 2000 mile trip to do this weekend from sweden to croatia. Cruise would be nice.