PDA

View Full Version : running hot

mrbmw1
07-28-2004, 11:41 AM
my 87 325is keeps running hot took out the thermastat since in miami but still heating up any suggestions

winfred
07-28-2004, 09:46 PM
it must have a thermostat for the cooling system to work, without it theres nothing to slow the coolent down and let it absorb heat and or loose heat in the radiator, it's hard to say what is wrong with the cooling system, the thermostat may of died, the fan clutch is another suspect, the radiators on those early cars hardly ever clog up

my 87 325is keeps running hot took out the thermastat since in miami but still heating up any suggestions

BCOOK2
08-10-2004, 09:15 PM
You'll Want The Lowest Degree Thermostat You Can Find, Use Heavier Oil,(20w-50?), Make Sure The Thermal Clutch For The Mechanical Fan Is Ok, Make Sure Aux. Fan Is Working, Or Hard Wire It To A Fuse/switch On The Instrument Panel And Run It All Of The Time. Good Luck!

mrbmw1
08-11-2004, 09:57 AM
I fixed it w/ new water pump & timing belt all else well I want to do the chsnge over to the 535 & 19# injectors I just asked another post for the info on how to do the conversion if you could drop me a line on the procedure at mrbmw1@hotmail.com
thanks