PDA

View Full Version : rattling sounds

nuwde
07-27-2004, 02:19 AM
i hear rattlings sounds near my wheels when i go over bumps or unsmooth roads. anyone know what this is?

also, wanted to know what oil filters you guys use. where do you get them and how much do they cost?

thanks!!

edwin, 92 525i

Steve N
07-27-2004, 12:56 PM
If the sound comes from the wheel, then it is most likely the spring that holds the inboard pad into the piston. It is three pronged and the prongs will break off letting the pad rattle in the caliper.

i hear rattlings sounds near my wheels when i go over bumps or unsmooth roads. anyone know what this is?

also, wanted to know what oil filters you guys use. where do you get them and how much do they cost?

thanks!!

edwin, 92 525i

Bill R.
07-27-2004, 01:02 PM

thanks!!

edwin, 92 525i

bimmerd00d
07-27-2004, 03:48 PM
Assuming you are in the US, Auto Zone sells the STP filter which has worked well in my M50 for 3 yrs, do NOT get Fram. Also, the Mahle ones on ebay are dirt cheap and work real well.

632 Regal
07-27-2004, 05:20 PM
check the strut nuts on top to see if they are tight enough (been there)

nuwde
07-28-2004, 01:16 AM
Assuming you are in the US, Auto Zone sells the STP filter which has worked well in my M50 for 3 yrs, do NOT get Fram. Also, the Mahle ones on ebay are dirt cheap and work real well.

i was looking around ebay but i'm not sure which ones are the right ones for my car. can you help me out? thanks!

edwin