PDA

View Full Version : 1990 535i value

ahlem
09-12-2016, 11:08 AM
I'm pondering selling my 535. It has high miles and needs a couple weekends worth of wrenching. Until recently it was my daily driver.
It's a 5 speed and has two sets of stock rims and one set of Mille Miglia with one rim bend and dead tires.
It has a number of upgrades like a Conforti chip, H&R and Adjustable Konis, Kmac camber plates in front, brand new zero mile front brakes, a bored out throttle body.
Any suggestions on asking prices? It's a bit aged and has a sport interior. The most recent PO had it as his driving event vehicle and had it on Road America and Gingerman.
I have a couple e30 projects in front of this one and sold my 2002 to reduce the fleet and now this one seems destined to sit too long before it's turn comes up.
The M parallels in the image are not in the deal as they are destined for another car.

ahlem
09-14-2016, 03:59 PM
Well, there's a low mile example on CL in Chicago for $3800 but it's an Auto. Almost the same car as mine otherwise, just lots cleaner.

632 Regal
09-16-2016, 02:00 PM
People can ask whatever they want but getting it is another story. Ebay is basically giving them away, not a good choice to sell it there.

Got my 95 with 200K for $1580 on tha bay, put all the good stuff from Nikka on it and have a good car again. Plus I sold Nikka for $1650 to someone on CL who was very happy to get it. Pretty much a win win.

At this point I think the best way to sell your car is to consider it a good daily driver, but it needs wrenching. That considered what would you pay for it?