PDA

View Full Version : someone's trying to hack my account

adriver
08-12-2015, 02:54 PM
I haven't been here in a long time, since I sold my e34 touring off a while ago. Yet I got two emails today of my account being locked out because 5 tries wasnt enough for someone (twice). I have the IP addresses but not sure what, why, or how to go from here. If theres a mod who all ready has access to those PLEASE have fun with them. If there's someone who knows how to proceed; how? I will check back for this. Has this been going on or should I take this personal??

WileECoyote
08-17-2015, 09:53 PM
I haven't been here in a long time, since I sold my e34 touring off a while ago. Yet I got two emails today of my account being locked out because 5 tries wasnt enough for someone (twice). I have the IP addresses but not sure what, why, or how to go from here. If theres a mod who all ready has access to those PLEASE have fun with them. If there's someone who knows how to proceed; how? I will check back for this. Has this been going on or should I take this personal??

Same here:

Dear WileECoyote,

Someone has tried to log into your account on BimmerNut.com Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 23.92.16.229

All the best,
BimmerNut.com Forums

That address translates to This (http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-23-92-16-0-1/pft), which is linode.com. I be someone hacked in there and was going for all the accounts here.

an535i
08-21-2015, 08:55 PM
got the same email today after not being active for 4 years since I sold my 535i

Dear an535i,

Someone has tried to log into your account on BimmerNut.com Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 89.187.142.208

All the best,
BimmerNut.com Forums

shogun
08-22-2015, 05:27 PM
General IP Information IP: 89.187.142.208, Decimal: 1505464016 , Hostname: exit1.torproxy.org ,ASN: 35592 ,ISP: Coolhousing ,Organization: Coolhousing , Services: Confirmed proxy server, Tor exit node
Recently reported forum spam source. (146) ,Assignment: Static IP