PDA

View Full Version : YIKES!! Center Support Bearing SCARY loose!!

billb
06-19-2004, 10:32 PM
Okay, so the E30 is now off the road until I can get to the CSB, guibo, and shifter stuff. I've decided not to do a short shifter, and just leave it like it is. I like the throws as they are now, and don't want to have to booger it up.

Also, rotated the tires on the 525 today, and found the front rotors to be about 0.805"...wear limit is 0.803". Last changed at 68181...now at 118447...not bad, especially with Pagid Reds-that's 50k miles on brakes!

Too many goodies to keep after these days!

Bill B.

Unregistered
06-21-2004, 08:40 PM
Okay, so the E30 is now off the road until I can get to the CSB, guibo, and shifter stuff. I've decided not to do a short shifter, and just leave it like it is. I like the throws as they are now, and don't want to have to booger it up.

Also, rotated the tires on the 525 today, and found the front rotors to be about 0.805"...wear limit is 0.803". Last changed at 68181...now at 118447...not bad, especially with Pagid Reds-that's 50k miles on brakes!

Too many goodies to keep after these days!

Bill B.
I just did my center bearing and the driveshaft still needed to be balanced. Might be worth your while to check the u-joints and balance before reinstalling. I sure didn't want to have to pull the driveshaft back out, but had to. Nice and smooth now, Lots of luck to ya!
87 325is (chip,535afm,headers,19#injectors,etc,etc)