PDA

View Full Version : My 1990 BMW 750il is driving me nutsss! HELP!!

CaliOhgee
06-30-2011, 04:42 PM
So I just got my hands on this 1990 750il. It had been sitting for about 5 years with a siezed engine and bad tranny.
So I acquired another engine at a junk yard with the transmission as well and swapped it in myself. Harness was swapped as well.
Since it had been sitting I dumped all the old fuel and changed the filters. Put new fuel in there as well.
So I went through the whole swap and go to start it up and it doesn't start!! I've been trying to find the problem and I'm going crazy.
It cranks and everything but when you keep cranking it, it somtimes back fires. I don't know what the problem is but if anyone could help I would appreciate it.

shogun
07-10-2011, 02:29 AM
I assume you fuel pumps are dead, and the fuel filters completely blocked.
Is fuel coming in engine room?
check my website below, that will help

CaliOhgee
07-10-2011, 05:21 PM
I assume you fuel pumps are dead, and the fuel filters completely blocked.Is fuel coming in engine room?check my website below, that will helpWell I haven't done anything to the pumps but I did change the fuel filters and dump out the old fuel..I also checked the fuel pressure and is up to spec. I don't know what to do next. If you have any suggestions I appreciate it. Thanks..

shogun
07-10-2011, 11:05 PM
my checklist in post # 7
O2 Sensor Termal Shock recall...M70 engines - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum (http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1297338)