PDA

View Full Version : Door Reinforcement plate for E34 and E32 available.

cor_van_de_water
06-14-2011, 10:23 PM
I have a few door reinforcement plates available, this will avoid or repair where the door brake
puts too much stress on the sheet metal and it cracks.
They are a simple bolt-on, takes less than 5 mins per door if you have a T30 Torx L-shaped tool
and a small hammer for the pin.
Cost is $7 per stainless steel plate. Send me a PM for further details.
Cor.

shogun
11-29-2011, 10:37 PM
meanwhile known even in Germany where they buy from Cor

cor_van_de_water
11-30-2011, 12:06 AM
meanwhile known even in Germany where they buy from Cor
That may not last, as I sent the drawings to Stephan who will make a bunch of them.
The customs in Germany sometimes takes 2 months before letting the plates through,
so it is better to have a local source.
Note that for Christmas I will travel to The Netherlands again, so then shipping should be
much quicker (but not cheaper as I found out last time).
Oh well, we do it to keep the E34 in good condition!

philly325ic
11-12-2012, 06:15 PM
I know that I'm late to the party here but my E30 just started with this issue. The door is about to rip apart. Next time I open it will be to remove the door brake until I can figure out my fix for the door and get a new one. Are any of these still available? If so, will they work on an E30?

Thanks!

cor_van_de_water
11-13-2012, 01:52 AM
I know that I'm late to the party here but my E30 just started with this issue. The door is about to rip apart. Next time I open it will be to remove the door brake until I can figure out my fix for the door and get a new one. Are any of these still available? If so, will they work on an E30?

Thanks!

Hi Philly,
If you can take a pic of the brake mounting, then write some measurements on the pic (use Paint from Windows or similar)
then I can check how much difference there is and if a 32/34 plate would work.
I used to have a 325i E30 but no longer so I can't measure it myself.
I need the size of the opening for the brake arm,
the vertical distance from this opening to the bolt hole centers
the horizontal distance from the vertical line through the bolt hole centers to one side of the brake arm opening
the max width that the plate can have and the distance to the brake arm opening
(in essence how wide is the sheet metal on each side of this opening before reaching the edge or door rubber)
Cor.

philly325ic
11-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the reply! I was able to find someone on R3VLimited that has plates specifically for the E30. They look similar but the actual plate size is a bit smaller.

shogun
02-09-2013, 07:58 AM
Cor, do you still have sets for the E34 and E32 on stock? Some people were asking me, so I can inform them to contact you directly.