PDA

View Full Version : GREAT service from BMA Parts!

billb
02-10-2011, 06:42 AM
I placed an order for a few misc. items on Monday afternoon from work. Hoses, water pump, thermostat, some bottles of Jectron, and an air filter. The order arrived at my house Tuesday via UPS Next Day Air Saver, no additional fees! I was amazed at how quickly it arrived. Shipped out of their Pennsylvania warehouse, but still, that's awesome! Now I can go forward with coolant flush and preemptive water pump swap this weekend when I do the oil change instead of having to take it out of service 2 weekends in a row.

Dave M
02-10-2011, 10:15 AM
More spendy than vendors like RockAuto for everyday items, but knowledgeable and the service is awesome! I like the fact you can still call and ask for Patrick or Yves and ask their opinions on parts.

Hope they stick around a long time.

Dave

Jr ///M5
02-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Hi Bill ....

billb
02-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Howdy Jr! Sorry, it's been a bit since I've been on here. Lost my job last August, and just got back in the swing of things lately. Now I'm spending a LOT of quality time in the E34, 45 miles/day commuting. Gotta say, it's a nice way to start and end the day! How are y'all?

Tiger
02-10-2011, 11:11 PM
BMA got some parts that are far cheaper than Rockauto or any other places... like brake discs. I saved my friend a ton of money through BMA and also with Rockauto.

Russell
02-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Patrick at BMA has been my go-to-guy for years. My first choice for parts.

Dave M
02-11-2011, 09:37 AM
BMA got some parts that are far cheaper than Rockauto or any other places... like brake discs. I saved my friend a ton of money through BMA and also with Rockauto.

Its interesting, BMA can sometimes blowout some items and generally have the higher quality stuff, but things like oil filters are dirt cheap at Rockauto. I just bought 15 MANN filters for 5 different cars and spent $50.

Dave

billb
02-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Its interesting, BMA can sometimes blowout some items and generally have the higher quality stuff, but things like oil filters are dirt cheap at Rockauto. I just bought 15 MANN filters for 5 different cars and spent $50.

DaveI looked at Rockauto, but their shipping fees are atrocious, compared to the free over $50, and 5% discount I get through BMA.

ScottyWM
02-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Agree with that about BMA. Just did my brakes again, got everything from them. The first shipment ended up being lost somehow, Patrick sent out another shipment - no problem. Of course I've probably spent enough at BMA to build an E34 over the last 13 years I've had it.... Great customer service goes a long way in making my purchasing decisions. And they always even seem to have the little piddly items that you don't think you'll ever find too.

Bill, I still have you beat - 49 mile round-trip commute for me with my new job.

Tiger
02-11-2011, 01:10 PM
It all depends on how you see it... those 'free' shipping already got packaging and freight cost built into the price... Rockauto is honest on shipping cost and reveal the acutal cost of parts that you pay at their best price they can get for you.

Dave M
02-11-2011, 01:55 PM
It all depends on how you see it... those 'free' shipping already got packaging and freight cost built into the price... Rockauto is honest on shipping cost and reveal the acutal cost of parts that you pay at their best price they can get for you.

Agreed. For the basics, I always have a look at Rock, but if theres any doubt, I give Patrick a call and gladly pay a bit extra if necessary.

Qube
02-13-2011, 03:15 PM
When comparing prices with BavAuto, always always give them a call. They can usually swing a deal or give more discounted shipping than the website.