PDA

View Full Version : OT: is there a fuel test port on a 98 lexus/toyota I6 3L?

ryan roopnarine
04-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Or do I have to fiddle with banjo bolts or fuel lines? The car is a 1998 lexus gs300 with the 3l I6. I am looking to purchase a fuel injector cleaning fitting, and would like to know if there is some manner of test port or easier way to connect the apparatus to the car other than removing lines. Thanks.

PS..if anyone knows anything about the aforementioned in relation to 1998-2000.5 nissans, I'd appreciate that info too, thanks.

Bill R.
04-21-2010, 01:46 PM
Ryan , you have to fiddle with the banjo bolt on that one. On honda's and toyota's like that i scrounged up a banjo bolt for them and drilled out the end then brazed a schrader valve onto it for my pressure tester.... or you can pay otc for the adapter for it.

Or do I have to fiddle with banjo bolts or fuel lines? The car is a 1998 lexus gs300 with the 3l I6. I am looking to purchase a fuel injector cleaning fitting, and would like to know if there is some manner of test port or easier way to connect the apparatus to the car other than removing lines. Thanks.

PS..if anyone knows anything about the aforementioned in relation to 1998-2000.5 nissans, I'd appreciate that info too, thanks.

ryan roopnarine
04-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Thanks bill, I'm going to give the toyota people instructions and parts sources to do that, as it isn't my car. One more thing, if I could bother you. The air compressor that is mine was bought as an xmas gift, it is one of those compact 1.5 gallon deals that puts out about 3.8cfm at 45psi. 45ish seems to be the continuous speed limit that it can run. would it be strong enough to power the tool? I know some jerks that would let me use their compressor, but i'd rather not ask them.

Bill R.
04-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Depends on the car your cleaning injectors on, whatever the operating fuel pressure is.....You don't need a lot of volume of air just enough to pressurize the tank at fuel system pressure.

Thanks bill, I'm going to give the toyota people instructions and parts sources to do that, as it isn't my car. One more thing, if I could bother you. The air compressor that is mine was bought as an xmas gift, it is one of those compact 1.5 gallon deals that puts out about 3.8cfm at 45psi. 45ish seems to be the continuous speed limit that it can run. would it be strong enough to power the tool? I know some jerks that would let me use their compressor, but i'd rather not ask them.

ryan roopnarine
04-21-2010, 05:46 PM
makes sense, thanks.