PDA

View Full Version : a/c fan control will not operate the blower

Bill H.
02-09-2010, 07:17 PM
The switch works on heat only on high; however, it does not blow any when air conditioner controls are on...any ideas?
I live in South Florida & need the a/c to blow cold...don't really care about the heater blowing only on high.
Thanks in advance for any assistance, Bill H.

Bill H.
02-14-2010, 03:34 PM
any suggestions out there?

Bill H.
02-15-2010, 06:59 PM
While tracing/looking for a relay between the glove box & radio under the dash...found white 6 pin female connector not p=connected to the male connector...plugged them together and a/c fan blows cold through dash just like it is suppose to!

Bill H.
02-21-2010, 06:03 PM
The small board on each side, heat & air, have common problem frying components...practicing soldering now before get on the boards.

ravenelli
04-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Bit off topic but does anyone generally get an air conditioning service?

shogun
04-03-2013, 04:42 AM
I have converted from R12 to R134a with this R134A conversion kit containing oil additive and fittings , changed the dryer and vacuumed the system before adding R134a, all done DIY.
Works since 7 years without any problem. R134a cans I can buy in any car shop and add if necessary, but so far every 2 years 200 gramms is enough, no leaks and I still use the old O-rings where they said they will not last long with R134a.

Every year I buy a spray to clean the evaporator coils that I have it nice clean and it does not smell, as my old 1988 E32 750 does not have a microfilter. In case your car has a microfilter, change every 2 years or when the airflow from the aircon goes down = filter is clogged.
Make sure the drain holes for the moisture from the evaporator down to the floor from the car are clean and free, otherwise mildew can grow.

That is all, can DIY