PDA

View Full Version : Todays contorsionist exercise!

Bo525i
04-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Retrofitted cruise control today.. Had I known that I´d feel like I´ve been in a kickboxing fight taking a beating for 4 hours, I dunno if Ì would have started on it.. :D Just getting the wires thru the various rubber grommets was a major pita and then trying to fit under the steering wheel for hours was hellish..

But I´ve done it, it works perfectly with all the scrapyard parts and brand new cable from the stealer. Its such a nice sensation not to have your foot cramped up on the accelerator pedal all the time! :)

Just had to share my ordeal and total success! :)

myles
04-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Good to hear that it worked out. So you're car wasn't prewired for it?

bsell
04-03-2009, 01:34 AM
Please share more as I am contemplating this also.

Brian

Bo525i
04-03-2009, 04:01 AM
Good to hear that it worked out. So you're car wasn't prewired for it? Only prewiring was the 6 pin SA in the E-box which includes the connector for the clutch switch under the dash!

Please share more as I am contemplating this also. Well I found the actuator, control unit, stalk and clutch switch in my local scrap yard @ around 45$ for it all :) and the retrofit cable was 140$ minus my 10% @ the stealer!

genphreak
04-03-2009, 06:25 AM
No pics of bent and bruised arms I note.

That would have been funny, except that I've got the bits here too and am now delaying doing the same thing...Doh!

Bo525i
04-03-2009, 09:51 AM
No pics of bent and bruised arms I note.

That would have been funny, except that I've got the bits here too and am now delaying doing the same thing...Doh!

Its the knees and back that hurt today, arms are just plain sore! :D

genphreak
04-04-2009, 12:44 AM
Imagien how the BMW factory workers must be when they get older... esp. the ones that 'hand-built' the e34 M5. You'd think the new cars would be better by now, not worse. LOL! Well done Bo, she's a real nice touring u have there. I just got one, its silver and is really nice, except for the stereo which in factory form needs serious attention.