PDA

View Full Version : Put on your listening ears

Kibokojoe
01-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Getting a noise from just under the window switches in the center of the 1991 735i. Could you guys take a listen and let me know. First part of the video shows that the noise begins at about 5 mph and goes until you reach 30-35 mph. Once the car get above 35 the sound disappears. It will return once the car begins to slow down below 35 and it quits when the car has stopped. Second part of the video I placed the camera just above the switches so it would improve the sound.
http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj225/kibokojoe/?action=view&current=bimmernoise.flv

shogun
01-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Difficult to hear something. But under there is the driveshaft, and that usually touches there and makes noise. Maybe you check that first.
That is typical what you say for drive shaft, or the center bearing on the drive shaft, it disappers at certain sppeds. I had that 2 years ago, very loud noise, thought it is the bearing, but actually the center bearing was lose, the screws did not hold in in place.

Kibokojoe
01-05-2009, 10:50 AM
My son and I removed the driveshaft and determined it was the front bearing, Center bearings are fine. Took the shaft over to Amercian Driveline on saturday and they said it will be completed today. Total cost $45.00 USD. Not bad I am thinking

Difficult to hear something. But under there is the driveshaft, and that usually touches there and makes noise. Maybe you check that first.
That is typical what you say for drive shaft, or the center bearing on the drive shaft, it disappers at certain sppeds. I had that 2 years ago, very loud noise, thought it is the bearing, but actually the center bearing was lose, the screws did not hold in in place.