PDA

View Full Version : mounting the light insert with the light housing

grave77
10-18-2008, 04:55 AM
since the last crash I had, I realized that the lights were not adjusted propperly, I removed the right side light that damaged before, and I found that the rubber bushings fitted between the adjustment screws and the plastice housing was broken and drpped into chunks. I cheked in realoem for the part number but they were not mentioned there, now the light insert plays in the housing box. tried to round tape on the screws to insert them back into the housing but I realized that its heats up quite much there so the tape is loosening and back to the point where I need the original rubber mountings. anyone can help me with this.

cheers

632 Regal
10-23-2008, 10:49 PM
besides finding spare parts you should be able to make some rubber washers similar to the old ones. I recently pulled my light and know what your talking about. spent a while on realoem with no results either.

grave77
10-24-2008, 01:57 PM
so what did u do to replace them? I was thinking of using rubber tubes or those used for high pressure air and oil hoses. but just thought they would be available somewhere before I start fabricating things :)