PDA

View Full Version : Obc

BMWDriver
08-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Hi,

Anyone have instructions for the e24 OBC ? A friend with a 635CSI could not get his to work. I thought it might be the same as the e34, but no go. It only shows zeros and question marks. Ever since he had the car's battery unplugged, it shows nothing. It only shows zeros and question marks. He's got about 16 buttons like my e34.

Thanks,

BMWDriver
08-22-2008, 10:13 PM
BEE-Bee-boop We're sorry, your call cannot be forwarded as dialed. Please check the number and try again. This is a recording.

Arny535
09-06-2008, 08:42 PM
AFAIK, E24 has the same OBC (OBC-II) as the E28. I have much experience with such OBC in my old E28.

However, I've never seen such error neither in E28 nor E34, although I've heard of the 0000 error, I've never seen any question marks (which I don't think are possible to display on its screen). A common error is the PPPP display, could it be that?

Anyway, sometimes voltage fluctuations when connecting / disconnecting power can cause such errors. In many cases, disconnecting the battery and leaving it off a bit longer, say overnight, can cure that. The reset procedure described here (http://www.unofficialbmw.com/repair_faqs/obc.html#pppp) might help also.