PDA

View Full Version : OE floor mat fastening system

Russell
08-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Purchased new bmw OE floor mats. Part # 82-11-1-466-947 from ,my dealer. I was surprised to see they used the same fastening eyelet as did my original. mats. They included a new set of 5-6 T-bottom floor posts. Great as I had one missing.

My point of this post is that they used the same mounting system as original. it was my understanding that all new replacement mats used Mat loc-clip or Velco fasterners. Good to know.

e34.535i.sport
08-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Purchased new bmw OE floor mats. Part # 82-11-1-466-947 from ,my dealer. I was surprised to see they used the same fastening eyelet as did my original. mats. They included a new set of 5-6 T-bottom floor posts. Great as I had one missing.

My point of this post is that they used the same mounting system as original. it was my understanding that all new replacement mats used Mat loc-clip or Velco fasterners. Good to know.

I could do with getting some mats from the dealer but they're really expensive! The ones I have at the moment are from a 3 series I think and don't use the same fastening... They move around a bit too which does bug me!

nirvana19
08-10-2008, 09:07 AM
I got new OE floor mats not too long ago. I have a bunch of little clips and Ts and things but I couldn't figure out how the original fastening system works. Some of the holes in the floor at empty while some have plastic plugs. Could you describe how the pieces go together?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD13&mospid=47408&btnr=51_4575&hg=51&fg=55

If those are the parts, how are they attached to the car?

Russell
08-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Not sure I can describe it well. If you have any of the plugs/posts remaining in the carpet, using a coin or screwdriver in the slot, turn one about 1/4 to 1/2 turn and it should pull out. All the other posts should fit in the same way. Just put in as many posts as you need. The mats should just snap/clip over the plugs/posts.

Of course, I am assuming your mats fit the same as mine. BTW, my mats came with a single sheet of instruction. Also came with a small plastic bag of about 6 or 7 posts and nothing else.

Hope this helps.