PDA

View Full Version : 750 Oil Burning Cure

shogun
07-23-2008, 03:22 AM
Underneath the hole where the PCV valves go is a void, if you pull out the valve and shine a torch in you'll see what I mean. If you take off the rocker cover and turn it over you'll see 2 little hook shaped tubes (only about 2/3 mm diameter). These 2 tubes drain any oil that collects in the PCV void. Mine were both blocked on one side, so my PCV valve was sitting just above its own personal little pool of oil, sucking it into the inlet manifold every time I pressed the loud pedal. Went at it with a pice of strimmer wire, job done.

posted by polcon on the U.K. Board
http://www.the7seriesregister.co.uk/

grave77
07-23-2008, 01:46 PM
so every month and especially after a highway drive the oil indicator glows, thats due this problem ?

shogun
07-24-2008, 05:53 AM
so every month and especially after a highway drive the oil indicator glows, thats due this problem ?

Definitely not related. What do you mean by oil indicator? Oil pressure or oil level?

grave77
07-25-2008, 08:11 AM
oil level. everytime I drive for some long distance above 300Km oil level drops.

shogun
07-25-2008, 08:58 AM
So your car consumes oil, then it should come out of the exhaust and you could see it.
Maybe really a headgasket problem or just the piston rings, but heads must come off in both cases.

grave77
07-26-2008, 02:11 AM
thats why I have the tendancy to get a new engine, but most engines in the market are 90 - 91, its very hard to find 94 model, and those old ones would not live long they already have 200K++ I have my old engine in one of my friends store, I was thinking of rebuilding it since its out and installing it. would I get all the parts in the market? and can I inscrease it to 5.4L or more? or the cyl block cannot handle that?

Thanks again :)

shogun
07-26-2008, 03:15 AM
I was thinking of rebuilding it since its out and installing it. would I get all the parts in the market? and can I inscrease it to 5.4L or more? or the cyl block cannot handle that?

No you start again with mods, repair the engine. Yes, all engine parts you need are available new.
Just to give you an idea about V12 performance engines, here are the prices between $ 10.000-45.000
http://www.racingpowerplant.com/bmw_m70.htm

grave77
07-26-2008, 05:31 AM
I saw that site 3 days ago, I was thinking of getting the enigne block only - if they sell it !!

shogun
07-26-2008, 06:42 PM
did you ask them for a quote and delivery time?

grave77
07-27-2008, 05:30 AM
I need to email them first, most of the work is in the heads, they started with the 6L long block, so I was thinking if they would sell the long block only and I rebuild the heads here since I have an old engine that would be gr8. I just want to install something that I will forget about later.

Ross
07-27-2008, 10:38 AM
that is a staggering amount of $$ take 600hp.
I like a BMW as much as anyone. But could make WAY more power with an $83k budget and just about any old pushrod V-8 of comparable or even less displacement.

grave77
07-27-2008, 05:01 PM
well .. I guess there many V8 modifiers but not so many for V12 engines, I do agree that they are charging lots of money, but I also can see that it took alot of work too.
I already emailed them to see if they would sell the 6L block only with pistons and crank, and I will machine the heads here. I might just order better springs or even just refurbish the heads with a good head gasket ( metal ones if I can find any ) and then I will never think of whats going under the front hood.