PDA

View Full Version : Jon K i got a ?

healtoeit
05-18-2008, 07:13 PM
http://www.activeautowerke.com/viewproduct.aspx?id=Product22A

Will it work? I know that it will need some customization to fit the e34 in terms of brackets and what not, but looking at the installation guid it looks like this could work!

Dr. evil
05-21-2008, 11:43 AM
$8000 wow

Jon K
05-29-2008, 04:04 PM
http://www.activeautowerke.com/viewproduct.aspx?id=Product22A

Will it work? I know that it will need some customization to fit the e34 in terms of brackets and what not, but looking at the installation guid it looks like this could work!

won't work - you have a non vanos and they don't offer non vanos tuning for it. but actually there is a lot of drama involved around AA twin screw and Eurosport twin screw kits - not sure but i thought AA stopped selling them... not certain. Either way, it won't work really, unless you find custom tuning.

healtoeit
05-31-2008, 12:22 PM
won't work - you have a non vanos and they don't offer non vanos tuning for it. but actually there is a lot of drama involved around AA twin screw and Eurosport twin screw kits - not sure but i thought AA stopped selling them... not certain. Either way, it won't work really, unless you find custom tuning.
tyty!

Spice Boy
11-23-2009, 01:08 PM
A kit like that is a super idea if they actually work....

A more technical question.....

I know I'm over-simplifying it but could something like that be bolted onto a V12? like 1 each side?

If not then what options are there for an E34 fitted V12?

Jon K
11-23-2009, 01:20 PM
you would need a custom setup. you would need to either twin turbo or single turbo a V12 with custom turbo manifolds. The V12s are similar to that of the M20 engines. You would have a hard time fitting turbos down below of the V12 so i t might be a top mount adventure. Honestly, there are better swaps to do once you consider the expense.

Spice Boy
11-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Charging it is a 2nd thought but when I saw that I had the horn and thought I would ask the question!

I know how little room will be left once she is fitted, its a shame as someone is selling a vortex s/c from an ess type kit for £600!!