PDA

View Full Version : Just got "Junior" inspected (my '91 318iS)...he PASSED!

billb
05-25-2004, 12:34 PM
I've got a ProFormance chip in it, and debated removing prior to inspection, but didn't, rolled the dice. The guy at the local Inspect-o-shack was very gentle with the car-a nice surprise. He even used the floor jack to jack up the wheels instead of wheeling out the big ol' jack and smacking it up under the ALUMINUM diff...

Almost 3500 miles on an oil change, so it's a little dirty.

HC 122 max 220
CO 0.00 max 1.20
CO2 14.8

Rpm 858

Can't remember what it got last year, but it passed this year!

Bill B.

Bill R.
05-25-2004, 12:36 PM
I've got a ProFormance chip in it, and debated removing prior to inspection, but didn't, rolled the dice. The guy at the local Inspect-o-shack was very gentle with the car-a nice surprise. He even used the floor jack to jack up the wheels instead of wheeling out the big ol' jack and smacking it up under the ALUMINUM diff...

Almost 3500 miles on an oil change, so it's a little dirty.

HC 122 max 220
CO 0.00 max 1.20
CO2 14.8

Rpm 858

Can't remember what it got last year, but it passed this year!

Bill B.

billb
05-25-2004, 01:22 PM
Last year they said (as I had just purchased the car and not had a chance to sort it out) "Sir, it looks like your ball joints are about to fall apart" (which they were). They noticed that during the unloaded front end inspection. I had already placed my order with BMA for them, and assured the guys that parts were on the way. They were pretty critical of the car. Today, with me hovering over the car, the guy was very cordial, and said "I treat customer's cars like they're my own". He owns a very nice Jeep CJ-7, so I took that as a good thing. I said "Fine with me...want to take it home and wash it?" A little humor (even bad) goes a long way with some folks.

I'm sure you hate guys like me in your shop, Bill!