PDA

View Full Version : A/C Recharge...

byurko
05-25-2004, 08:43 AM
My A/C hasn't blown cold since the "hot" season down here in NC... I took a trip to Wally World this weekend and picked up a recharge kit... http://www.id-usa.com/product.asp?CID=27&PID=75 for $26. The only problem is that the quick-release hose fitting won't fit the low pressure port on my car (94 540 w/ R134).

Any suggestions??

632 Regal
05-25-2004, 01:31 PM
I think you will need an adapter to make that kit work, I would look at my car but it's pouring rain right now.

Rick L
05-25-2004, 09:24 PM
That kit with quick-release hose WILL fit. They are universal. If you try to fit the hose fitting from the kit to the wrong port, it WILL NOT fit since it is slightly larger. They made it that way so people who doesn't know the high from low will not make that mistake. The correct port is the one that runs to A/C COMPRESSOR.

My A/C hasn't blown cold since the "hot" season down here in NC... I took a trip to Wally World this weekend and picked up a recharge kit... http://www.id-usa.com/product.asp?CID=27&PID=75 for $26. The only problem is that the quick-release hose fitting won't fit the low pressure port on my car (94 540 w/ R134).

Any suggestions??

byurko
05-26-2004, 08:17 AM
I'm definitely on the low pressure port... There are 2 ports. The low side has a larger diameter tube. The high side is smaller. I traced the low side back to the compressor... Just going to return it - I have an appointment w/ my Indy next week.

Thanks for the help!!

Rick L
05-26-2004, 09:30 AM
Are you sure you're not looking at it wrong? Low-pressure side is the smaller of the two ports. Make sure you shake the can vigorously so the oil is mixed good with the refrigerant. Make sure you DON'T put more than 70 psi! I max it out at 50-55 psi. The engine and A/C must be running to get the correct pressure. If you really don't know, it is recommended to take it to a qualified personnel. CAUTION: Connecting to high-pressure side may cause the can to burst so you MUST BE CAREFUL! :)

I'm definitely on the low pressure port... There are 2 ports. The low side has a larger diameter tube. The high side is smaller. I traced the low side back to the compressor... Just going to return it - I have an appointment w/ my Indy next week.

Thanks for the help!!