PDA

View Full Version : anyone got a photo/diagram of the indicator stalk?

repenttokyo
04-02-2008, 12:19 PM
what exactly do you want a pic of tim? the indicator stalk itslef? in what position?

525i winter driver
04-02-2008, 04:59 PM
i knew it...
... so i'm wondering if it makes sense to bother. knowing me i'd break something.
so while putting my old instrument cluster back in with the steering wheel off i must have kneed the indicator stalk half way or something because the little plastic tab that shuts the turn lights off broke the next time i turned the steering wheel. dang it! i found the little piece sitting inside the steering wheel and i 'm thinking of trying to glue it back on - can't find a diagram or photo or part# anywhere. -just wondering if anyone knows an easy way before i take the steering wheel off for the tenth time in four days.

525i winter driver
04-02-2008, 07:16 PM
what exactly do you want a pic of tim? the indicator stalk itslef? in what position?
this is the only photo i've found (pinched it from ebay - i drew the arrow where i think the tab is). i'm trying to get an idea of where i'm going and what i'm gluing before i start - i'm not sure where the little plastic tab is supposed to be or how it works and i can't really see with just the steering wheel off.

i'm just a little nervous as the 3 ingredients for the perfect disaster are all present here... me, super-glue and a steering column.

i feel like i should also ask if it's a bad idea to keep using the same nut for the steering wheel over and over again. it's always been tight when i go to take it off...

kev535i
04-03-2008, 12:29 PM
i did the same thing.:( you must make sure the indicator stalk is in the netural position when putting the steering wheel back on - i tried glueing but couldnt get it to hold and had to buy a new/second hand stalk otherwise its a manual return to off position

525i winter driver
04-03-2008, 03:24 PM
this is the (#$%&) piece that broke off... i think i will remove the stalk before i do anthing else... this has potential to be my first in a string of write-ups in the 'how to fix things you broke all by yourself' category. it's hardly that big a deal tho, nobody seems to pay attention to my signal lights anyway.