PDA

View Full Version : Windshield washer jet alignment

Claude
03-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Made some adjustments of both nozzles on driver and passenger side of the car but still have bad spots (parts of the windshield not cleaned / wipped properly).

Is there BMW spec's telling WHERE exactly we should target the windshield with each of those water jets ?

Mines no longer spray drizzle but rather directed water jet.

On the passenger side the wiper pressure on the windshield seems to be less (no enough) than the one on the driver side, is there a way to adjust the pressure on this passenger side wiper ? All the wiper mecanism was change a year ago.

Thanks.

pgrindstaff
03-24-2008, 05:23 PM
You might want to pull the insulation off the back of the hood and make sure all of the hoses are still connected tight. For some reason the tubes for the washer jets in my old car popped out of place and was spraying the fluid into the engine bay. You might also want to check to see if the area around the washer jets has become clogged with dried washer fluid.

I do not know exactly where the jets are supposed to be aimed but i would image probably half way up the windshield or a little higher would be about right.

myles
03-24-2008, 05:29 PM
This should help.

Claude
03-25-2008, 07:36 AM
That's exactly what i was looking for. Thank you very much

Ross
03-25-2008, 08:50 AM
The angle of the arm will affect how well it wipes also. It's a simple matter of bending the arm to adjust it's angle relative to the glass.
Shogun posted about this recently with the angle specification given.

myles
03-25-2008, 12:29 PM
This is all I can see in my stuff. I don't think it is much use without the special tool.

Claude
03-25-2008, 04:00 PM
The angle of the arm will affect how well it wipes also. It's a simple matter of bending the arm to adjust it's angle relative to the glass.
Shogun posted about this recently with the angle specification given.

I adjusted the aiming point of jets on the windshield according to Myles spec's post above that make a good improvement.

I found out that tread from Shogun for the wiper arm (the blade) angle on the windshield http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9224&highlight=wiper+arm but related pictures are no longer available :( those was supposed to show i supposed the direction of this angle (84 deg) on the windshield and also the tool and/or the way to twist the arm... Have any hints about that ?

Claude
03-25-2008, 05:09 PM
This is all I can see in my stuff. I don't think it is much use without the special tool.

Thanks. The angle of the blade to the windshield should be 87 deg (instead of 90) do you know in what direction (bend the arm in what direction) ?