PDA

View Full Version : Which line is to the front brakes off master cylinder?

Jon K
03-20-2008, 08:18 AM
Hey guys I am going to be installing line locks soon and I am split between doing it two ways.

1) insert the line lock solenoid from the master cylinder before the line splits so that one solenoid will lock both sides. This could be a pain due to space.

2) insert a line lock in each wheel well and have one switch control two solenoids. This is a pain.

Anyone know which lines, looking at the car, go to the front brakes? I haven't poked around in there yet.

Barney Paull-Edwards
03-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Forget line locks, unless you use solenoids as Winfred sez.The lines make it bloody difficult unless you re-run the lot which is the only real option.If you have single piston front callipers then REXROTH make a solenoid which will work(Case-poclain/cat control valve) but requires 8 amps to hold and 22 to pull in. Can give numbers if you PM me.

winfred
03-20-2008, 04:32 PM
it's easy enough to look at the lines as they come outta the master and follow them to the abs pump then out to the wheels, they are labeled with letters but i can't remember them at the moment

theres two different braking systems your car could have due to the year, one is a 3 circuit where the rears are on a single line outta the abs pump and the other is a 4