PDA

View Full Version : Who has spacers on with their wheels ?

BMWDriver
03-13-2008, 06:04 PM
I got a set of et 35 here, and I'm not convinced I should put them on with 15mm spacers ($$ among other things). I ain't gonna mod my suspension, as a consideration for your answers.

So, your experience if you please: how thick are your spacers, what brand, any shimmy, problems of any sort ? Tire wear ? And what size wheels.

What me got are Flik 17 inch by 8.

Thanks a bunch.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/jgale/parts/DSCN2091.jpg

Qube
03-14-2008, 06:23 PM
15mm spacers look good with that. I'll give it that just to the edge look... like Audi's. H&Rs with longer bolts are what... $200? You'll need longer locking bolts as well too.

Is it a good idea? Well...

Tiger
03-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Spacer can be had on ebay for reasonable price... Same for longer bolts... search for RAD bolts on ebay. RAD is german bolts and reasonable priced too.

Tiger
03-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Yes, you are probably better off selling that set. 225-60R15 is the widest you can go on the 15" but if you are using all season tire, then it would be worse in winter with wider tire. This is the standard size used on 535i, 530i and 540i.

In winter, you want as narrow as possible for higher pressure/square inch contact.

BMWDriver
03-15-2008, 03:15 PM
I would have to go for hubcentric spacers with bolts (H&R). Two sets would cost me 360$ CAD including taxes. I'm still debating. On top of which I will have to buy tires to fit on them. Whichever way I go, I'm sure to spend over 800$ unless I decide to settle again for a new set of 15's to put on my basketweaves.

225's are not the norm on 15 inches, and I ain't willing to go less wide than that except for winter.

I still have time to think about it.

filip00
03-15-2008, 04:54 PM
why is everyone afraid of spacers? :S i don't get it. nothing is gonna happen if you use spacers and longer bolts, same thing as if you had an OEM wheel.

bad_manners_god
03-15-2008, 05:37 PM
I use 1.25" solid aluminum spacers with male studs fitted and I use female nuts to hold the wheel. And they are hubcentric, I bought the pair for $70 with the nuts and studs pre-fitted.

tim s
03-17-2008, 08:59 AM
check with your local laws.
tim s.

BMWDriver
03-17-2008, 04:19 PM
why is everyone afraid of spacers? :S i don't get it. nothing is gonna happen if you use spacers and longer bolts, same thing as if you had an OEM wheel.

$$
I'm mostly pondering the wisdom of it all. It's the first time I buy a hot set of wheels, and doubt takes me. It's all about pleasuring myself which is not something I am used to doing often on that material level.

So, the whole deal isn't rational, but I'm pushing my limits to new levels. I'll bet a pretty penny I'll just go ahead with them.

There's no rush.

BMWCCA1
03-17-2008, 08:32 PM
why is everyone afraid of spacers? :S i don't get it. nothing is gonna happen if you use spacers and longer bolts, same thing as if you had an OEM wheel.Well, not really. A wheel designed with the proper offset from the start is likely to be stronger and lighter than the same model of the wrong offset used with a spacer nearly 2/3" thick. IMHO, of course.