PDA

View Full Version : hot start fix

Dave M
01-30-2008, 05:00 PM
http://www.tawpark4x4.com/images/gallery/p38water_200x200.jpg

Oh yeah, as soon as I saw this photo, I pressed the buy it now button twice.

Sorry, can't do anything but joke and bump :D

Dave M

calibra
01-30-2008, 05:04 PM
ok im thinking of getting one of these to fix one of my many problems what do you guys think i know its only a work around but untill i get a new injector sorted out it could do the trick

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130193809332&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003

whiskychaser
01-30-2008, 06:06 PM
ok im thinking of getting one of these to fix one of my many problems what do you guys think i know its only a work around but untill i get a new injector sorted out it could do the trick

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130193809332&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003
Maybe I misread it. But as far as I can see it only works for poeple in the SW of England. Certainly no good for me in NW:(

Tiger
01-30-2008, 06:21 PM
Diesel engine are easy to fix... why not do the job right the first time? Majority of the issue is usually the glow plug system so check the resistance of each glow plug.

calibra
01-30-2008, 06:24 PM
lol whiskychaser think this goes with your tread about posting because unless its just me dave's post is in front of mine and i started the thread humm dave are you reading my mind?

Ross
01-30-2008, 07:34 PM
order up a jar of head gasket from this guy too

Dave M
01-30-2008, 07:37 PM
order up a jar of head gasket from this guy too

Ah yes, or maybe a visit here (http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1) would tickle your fancy?

An oldy but...............

Ferret
01-31-2008, 02:25 AM
Diesel engine are easy to fix...

That's a biiiiig assumption Tiger...

People and professional garages have been chasing these faults around for years. The glow plug system on the M51 engine almost never fails. It's just some of the other mechanical stuff around it that goes ****up.

Barney Paull-Edwards
01-31-2008, 06:44 AM
comes back to fuel/electrics mate,that relay is short fix not permanent.

calibra
01-31-2008, 12:32 PM
yeah thats what i thought just to keep me going till i get these other bits sorted
BTW car seem to be starting when facing up hill so the one way valve is working :D

Tiger
01-31-2008, 02:21 PM
Diesel engine are much simpler to work with. Checking glow plug system is a quick and easy so why not just do it? Assuming makes you replace tons of things only to come back to those stupid glow plugs you neglected.

How old is the diesel engine are we talking about?

calibra
01-31-2008, 03:28 PM
Hi i checked and changed the glow plugs one of the first things i done. i have checked them again only a week ago and they are all working. the prob im having to do with the injectors or fuel im sure i have now found somewhere to get a second hand injector once i have changed that over if im still having trouble starting im just going to sell the car i think or get this little hot fix kit cant see what else i can do that not going to cost ££££££

Barney Paull-Edwards
01-31-2008, 05:07 PM
Injector gone??? Check easy, follow car,running on 5 or puff of black smoke then yes but never had one go yet. Have you looked at fuel line from filter to pump as ferret suggested? Mine will wind forever if parked up-hill. Take off fuel filter, **** in top?? Change it anyway.Tried the wires to parcel shelf to check pump? Dont think its that,filter head or follow line from filter head down to chassis rail, there is a connection by bell-housing that can leak air, steal some hair spray from whoever an spray all the lines, it seals joints for a while, you could buy it but dont leave it in the car,I did and am still living it down!

calibra
02-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Injector gone??? Check easy, follow car,running on 5 or puff of black smoke then yes but never had one go yet. Have you looked at fuel line from filter to pump as ferret suggested? Mine will wind forever if parked up-hill. Take off fuel filter, **** in top?? Change it anyway.Tried the wires to parcel shelf to check pump? Don't think its that,filter head or follow line from filter head down to chassis rail, there is a connection by bell-housing that can leak air, steal some hair spray from whoever an spray all the lines, it seals joints for a while, you could buy it but don't leave it in the car,I did and am still living it down!

Hi i don't think its running on 5 so much as its leaking air, once started the car runs great a little lumpy @ idle but then the fuel pumps not working as it should (be sorting that tomorrow)

I think I'm losing the pressure from the injector when the car is turned off and thats making it hard to start again until its cool enough for the glows to come on again, what i was going to do is

Change injector for a second hand one
check/clean or Change in-tank pump
rewire pump
fix 2 check valves one @ tank one after the filter
change relays (will start a thread about relays)

might not be doing these things in the above order but those are what I'm looking at. If things work after changing the injector ill look at getting a new one if needed.

cheers