PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about an E32

jbw535i
05-20-2004, 12:15 PM
I thinking about a E32 preferably a 750 but I did see a listing for a 735 5-speed that looked interesting.

I have a 535im now. The situation is that the work I need to do to it to get it just the way I want I could buy another car. Plus I'm tall so I always feel a bit cramped when driving. I figure the 7 series would give me more leg room.

Are they pretty easy to maintain like the E34s just more expensive...and how is the reliability. I heard that the E32 750s had lots of electrical problems.

I am just looking for some pointers for some info so that I can make up my mind.

thanks,

Brian

Mr Project
05-20-2004, 02:15 PM
Well, obviously a 735i 5-speed would be VERY similar (from a cost of ownership standpoint) to your 535i. More weight means faster wear on some suspension parts, and there are a few more features to break, but it's a pretty similar car overall.

The 750's have a BUNCH of costly issues that can crop up, not just electrical, but a lot stemming from the massive complexity of that car and the relative scarcity of parts and therefore, the cost of them.

Unregistered
06-10-2004, 08:37 AM
I have an 89 750il and would not trade it for the world. The ulitmate driving machine.