PDA

View Full Version : looking for an 840

schnell944
11-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Hey guys,

I currently have a '90 535i and I'm looking into moving to an 840. I've tried to read up as much as possible about the cars but have yet to test-drive one. If anyone here knows of a good example for sale in the DC area or is interested in a trade for the 5, please let me know.

Looking at a number of ads for 840's, it seems like a nice early example can be had for around 14K. Is this a good assumption? The one's for around 11k or less seem to be a little questionable. If I do move to an 8, I'd like something around 100k miles or less and in pretty good condition. An insight as to what I should expect to pay?

Also, if anyone in the area would be kind enough to let me check out their 8/give me a ride so I can really see if I like the car, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks!

Incantation
02-25-2008, 01:57 PM
why would you want a v8? you should go for a v12..

if you are still looking check out the site www.wuffer.net .. he sells a lot of them and is probably the most connected guy for 8 series in north america, if not the world.

Incantation
02-25-2008, 01:58 PM
and check out the 8 forum at www.roadfly.org .. tons of guys there from all over

schnell944
03-26-2008, 05:46 PM
thanks. I am not adverse to getting a nice 850, as well. I've been lurking at Roadfly for a while. It's proving difficult to to find something in my price range and I like and that is relatively close by (no time to travel/organize a long-distance purchase). I know I'll find something eventually! Thanks again!

SnakeyesTx
05-16-2008, 10:33 PM
I hear the V12's are a lot more nit-picky and problematic, where as the V8 is pretty tried and true, just shoe-horned into that sleek sexy body. When I was looking for an 8, the 840 was my prime choice as well.