PDA

View Full Version : hesitation at continuouse speeds

Unregisterednewky
05-17-2004, 04:45 AM
my bimmer is great, i love it, yet no-one can figure out this little quirk

once in a while (full or low gas guage) it seems my car misses a beat and sputters, sometimes alot and othertimes not at all. even in the same tank of fuel.

nw i have changed the fuel filter, the air filter and the plugs, its been doing this since i bought it 3 months ago and i cant figure it out, (also went to some shops and they dont know of any other things..?

olease help
Daniel

rickm
05-17-2004, 12:06 PM
Any chance of there being water or something in the tank?

Unregisterednewky
05-17-2004, 03:28 PM
its possible but I bought "heat" and another Chevron fuel additive to use and also i ran a tank down until the low fuel light came on , re-filled it with super octane fuel and stilll it persists, when im cruising along at any speed it slugs a spot, almost as if the A/C pump comes on, but its not on.

seems weird to me, is there a certain milage when the tank should be cleaned out?
also its a 89'325i and ill send in some photos soon. im installing a rear wind sheild for high speed topless driving.
Daniel

Any chance of there being water or something in the tank?

Unregistered
06-04-2004, 09:54 AM
I have an 88 and had a similar problem, a minor hesitation at low rpm's once in a while got gradually worse until it would stall at least once every day. I changed the ecm, the crank position sensor, the spark plugs, the fuel pump relay, the TPS, the distributo cap and rotor, the plug wires. My friend the BMW mechanic said it couldn't be the coil because he tested it and said it was fine. Well guess what after swapping out all those parts I changed the coil and the problem is gone... spent almost $2000 in parts and the problem was a $50 coil.