PDA

View Full Version : bilstein touring shocks?

Dave PA
08-27-2007, 12:33 PM
sorry for all of the shock talk (pun intended) but i found a set of bilstein touring shocks really cheap (the guy bought them and never put them on & sold the car).

are they even worth it or is it better to just go all in, get the hd's and don't waste the time w/these.

they'll work w/stock spring (i think) right?

thanks,
Dave

KenB
08-27-2007, 12:52 PM
I got them over a year ago and like them, more firm than stock, but not too firm as some have said about the HD and sports. Depends on what you want...

I put about 30k miles on them and they still feel good.

Yes, stock springs.

kick7ca
08-27-2007, 03:51 PM
I cannot recommend them. I put them on my 535 with eibach springs and the fronts didn't even last 6 months. I've since replaced them with Bilstein Sports which I think are excellent. The tourings ARE NOT the durable mono-tube design for which the brand is so famous.

Barney Paull-Edwards
08-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Yes, I agree with billy touring, they are bilstein`s budget version.Cannot get onto thread about ride height,can somebody measure from front wing centre to ground with 15" crossweaves? On my third set of spring/shocks trying to get firmer but complient,either too low or poor shocks so amm going coil-over Reiger remote.Firms seem unable to make firmer springs near standard ride height-in Europe!

dennyg
08-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Make sure the top nut size is correct. The 1989 car has different size thread then all others and if you buy this guys shocks chances are it will not fit unless its for a 1989 car. I bought the bilstein sports and am happy with the results. Only have 10k on them though.

Jehu
08-27-2007, 10:07 PM
I bought the bilstein sports and am happy with the results. Only have 10k on them though.
+1

Barney Paull-Edwards
08-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Bilstein sports and touring shocks are different,Sport ones will get hot enough to colour paint and recover, touring ones can be cheaper than OEM,pay peanuts, get monkeys!