PDA

View Full Version : Seriously NOT amused.... E34 + Beer barrel = not a nice sight to come back to!!

Spice Boy
08-04-2007, 10:57 PM
This is the result of being the designated driver for the night.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/jerbil/DSC00188.jpg

NOT amused.. luckily I have enough contacts to get a replacement as soon as Im back from my trip tomorrow...

In a brighter note, I picked up a replacement OBC, indicator stalk with OBC button and wiper stalk with the 'auto wipe' button earlier.... I suppose I better research on how to get them all working lol :)

Ill also update my project diary thread with some latest pics of the car (even though its a state) as I havent in ages!

That is all :)

Macv
08-04-2007, 11:03 PM
OH..... ****.

You'll be cleaning up glass shards a year down the road.

Spice Boy
08-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Tell me about it.. the amount of glass is shocking, its covered the rear seats and even the front passenger seat....

I suppose its a good thing that the interior needs a seriously good valet (which I always do myself to a much better standard than ANY valeter Ive ever met) and its leather so all I have to really worry about is surface damage to the leather...

What Im most gutted about is the rear screen had all the heater elements working!! It'll be tough to find another that had all the heater strips working :(

Another good point - Ive had a recent compensation payout so while Im sorting out this problem Ill be looking to do any upgrades that are possible along the way :D

Macv
08-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Heh, remember..... your car DID have the automatic rear shade... ;)

Spice Boy
08-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Ill have to remember that fact when I put in an insurance claim :D

Good thinking :D This is why I love fellow BMW nuts :D

Dr. evil
08-05-2007, 12:18 AM
did you get to keep the keg?

love the head lights and the color.

LunatiC
08-05-2007, 12:56 AM
"Auto-wipe"?

Spice Boy
08-05-2007, 01:49 AM
did you get to keep the keg?

love the head lights and the color.

I could of kept the keg but alas I can get both that size and the bigger size at will so I didnt bother lol....

The lights are odd, but that was due to some tosser smashing one of the inner rear lights so I had to change.. but I have a cunning plan for a slightly different light set-up :D

"Auto-wipe"?

With the E30/E32 (and I assume E34) SE models that had headlight washers you had a push in wiper stalk that was like a 1 push wash/wipe for the windscreen and headlights (although the headlights only got washed 1/5 pushes I believe)

If that doesnt make sense then sorry, its due to the fact Ive been drinking since I got home and I am now under the influence :D

Paul in NZ
08-05-2007, 02:48 AM
that auto wipe is actually called,intensive clean,works with a seperate tank of "intensive clean" fluid 1 push = a squirt of fluid,a couple of wipes,another squirt of fluid and another few wipes..i am not sure what controls all that.At the same time i think the headlights and foglights get a sqirt of intensive clean too.(or as you say maybe only every five times)

genphreak
08-05-2007, 02:55 AM
I park in bad places all the time. But never out the front, or back of licensed establishments for this exact reason.... did it damage more than the window? I'd expect that kind of hit would be re-al bad...

g7syw
08-05-2007, 03:44 AM
Woah... That's not good, I'm sure if you find out who did it they will be wearing the barrel internally!!!

Hope it didn't damage the edge of the window aperture - on a brighter note, there must be a replacement screen out there with all the heater strips intact, mine are, and no, I won't do a swap;)

[1990]525
08-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Wow you seem very composed considering the situation O_O

Ferret
08-06-2007, 02:16 AM
Yikes, you werent down by the millenium stadium when that happened perchance? There's an excellent wetherspoons down there, but last time we tried to get there, there'd just been a final in that stadium and I dont think there was an intact piece of glass within a mile...

Also lol - designated driver - I bet you volunteered.

Spice Boy
08-06-2007, 08:16 AM
did it damage more than the window? I'd expect that kind of hit would be re-al bad...

No thankfully, only damage is the rear screen itself so I had a lucky escape with regards to total repair cost...

on a brighter note, there must be a replacement screen out there with all the heater strips intact, mine are, and no, I won't do a swap

Bugger, What about if I throw in a full bottle of blue label Smirnoff? ;) lol

Wow you seem very composed considering the situation O_O

It would take alot more than a smashed window for my to see red (unless I had caught the little bleeders in the act, where as I would have quickly found out if the barrel would of inserted somewhere nasty lol) but there is no point in getting all worked up over it, just get a new screen, fit it and carry on with life :)

Yikes, you weren't down by the millenium stadium when that happened perchance? There's an excellent wetherspoons down there, but last time we tried to get there, there'd just been a final in that stadium and I dont think there was an intact piece of glass within a mile...

Also lol - designated driver - I bet you volunteered.

No I was parked behind the lloyds bar on the other side of town but yeah I used to work security in the city center during the really big matches and the amount of violence is incredible!

And yes, I prefer to drive as it saves getting raped by a taxi on the way home... (thats my only reason, honest ;) lol)

bmwrp8
08-06-2007, 09:30 AM
damn!!!:(

BFEINZIMER
08-06-2007, 12:19 PM
525']Wow you seem very composed considering the situation O_O

Wait till he sobers up!! :p

Macv
08-06-2007, 12:23 PM
raped by a taxi

Raped BY a taxi or IN a taxi? :D

Spice Boy
08-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Lol.. well if there happens to be a very attractive brunette driving..........

Or blonde, Im not fussy at the mo lol

Turns out the rear screen is bonded to the car so will have to work out how to cut out the screen Ive sourced (£20) And then work out how to fit it :D

Any ideas anyone?

Bin_jammin
08-06-2007, 02:26 PM
This is the result of being the designated driver for the night.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/jerbil/DSC00188.jpg

NOT amused.. luckily I have enough contacts to get a replacement as soon as Im back from my trip tomorrow...

In a brighter note, I picked up a replacement OBC, indicator stalk with OBC button and wiper stalk with the 'auto wipe' button earlier.... I suppose I better research on how to get them all working lol :)

Ill also update my project diary thread with some latest pics of the car (even though its a state) as I havent in ages!

That is all :)

Just a head's up, when you rent a keg, there's a deposit on it. You can probably find out who rented the keg, track them down, and murder them.

g7syw
08-07-2007, 06:02 AM
Lol.. well if there happens to be a very attractive brunette driving..........

Or blonde, Im not fussy at the mo lol
If you find a spare one (or two, or more) then... :D

Turns out the rear screen is bonded to the car so will have to work out how to cut out the screen Ive sourced (£20) And then work out how to fit it

Any ideas anyone?
Just had a word with my mate who works for Silver Shield and he reckons that even one of their guys with the proper tools may have problems getting it out without cracking it :( but it is possible

However, he suggests using a strong sharp knife and take your time cutting through the sealant - don't use a stanley knife just in case the blade snaps and you end up with your fingers needing repairing by the local hospital :)

Fitting it should easier, make sure that you have both the aperture and the edge of the glass really clean, methylated spirit works here - put a nice thick bead of sealant around the aperture (he says you should be able to get it from Halfrauds or possibly a local friendly windscreen company may sell you some) and then with the help of a friend, keeping the new glass level, place the bottom of the window onto the frame and then carefully lay the top of the glass down into the aperture ie: bottom in first, top swung in after - hard to describe, imagine that the bottom is hinged and you'll see what he means.

He suggests that unless you use those rubber-sucker glass holders so you can lay the glass in slowly, it is probably wise to get a third person to assist from inside the car, supporting the screen as you lower it into place. Be warned that once you contact the glass with the sealant it's very sticky and that's where the glass will have to stay as it will probably make a mess if you try to move the glass once it's made contact - you must get it right first time. Just my thought here, it may be wise to practice putting the glass into the aperture without any sealant on it a couple of times...

DON'T get your fingers between the glass and the sealant because you WILL make a mess with it on the replacement glass. I didn't ask him how he was so sure that happens :D.

Once it's all in, you need to let the car stand for a few hours so the sealant can cure - don't forget, leave a window or the sunroof open so when you close the doors the air pressure doesn't disturb the glass.