PDA

View Full Version : The unwanted nightmare ( spark plugs )

grave77
07-09-2007, 01:25 PM
I kept post ponding this mess, but it's time to do it, so I was wondering if I can install the original BMW NGK 4 head plugs? those are the same size for the M50 engine, I guess the M70 has the same size, but I couldn't get any confirmation from the dealer.

Advice me .. I would also love to see some pics of someone changing plugs for the 850, this is not like the 750 as the 7 series got more room then the 8 series I guess.

Incantation
07-09-2007, 08:04 PM
get on roadfly.org. best 8 series forum there u will get ur answers. but don't forget to keep readin here

632 Regal
08-03-2007, 08:59 PM
they look like a PITA but looking closely it does look dooable.... im waiting for them to change themselves :D

525SEI BRIT
08-15-2007, 12:15 PM
ummm very nice shoot of your 8 from the side, do you have any details? lowered, right? whats the spoiler? and is the pic stretched a bit?! maybe thats how it should of looked!:)
nearly bought a gorgeous orient blue 840 a couple of months ago, but just not redy yet! working to much to enjoy it!

get on roadfly.org. best 8 series forum there u will get ur answers. but don't forget to keep readin here

Wuffer
08-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Spark plug R&R is quite simple on the V12. Do it from the front of the car. Lay a blanket over the air intake and rad area and lie on it You can now reach all plugs quite easily and at the correct angle. My mechanic and my friend can both do the R&R of plugs in 40 mins (or less) - yes, all 12! More problematic is getting the plug wire boots off the plugs.

grave77
08-16-2007, 07:03 PM
I can see how hard the maintenance is with the V12, one month ago I had to replace the heater valve, and I just though how easy it would be if the engine was out!! I will change the plugs when the engine is cool and early morning since the weather is still fine.