PDA

View Full Version : need help

aquapool
06-07-2007, 05:24 PM
On a 1990 535 auto transmission. If the pump was busted upon installation of the transmission. What would be the symptoms? I just had a tested used tranny installed and when I drove about 2 miles away from the shop I heard a scratching noise from underneath the car. I pulled over and everything went to neutral, no response in D or R. I turned it off and inspected under the hood. fluid level o.k. Started her back up went into gear fine and not even a 1/4 mile down the road it did it again.
Just trying to get an idea of what might have happened during installation that could cause this. It was a tested good working tranny.

632 Regal
06-07-2007, 05:37 PM
low fluid? loose filter?

whiskychaser
06-07-2007, 05:46 PM
On a 1990 535 auto transmission. If the pump was busted upon installation of the transmission. What would be the symptoms? I just had a tested used tranny installed and when I drove about 2 miles away from the shop I heard a scratching noise from underneath the car. I pulled over and everything went to neutral, no response in D or R. I turned it off and inspected under the hood. fluid level o.k. Started her back up went into gear fine and not even a 1/4 mile down the road it did it again.
Just trying to get an idea of what might have happened during installation that could cause this. It was a tested good working tranny.

Doubt the pump was damaged on installation but I'm sure there is a pressure test in Bentleys. Dont like the sound of the scratching noise. I'd be on the phone to whoever fitted it for you. Hope they supplied the box too so you got one target for your displeasure

aquapool
06-08-2007, 09:10 AM
He said possibly something clogging the filter???
The thing is I bought the used tranny from vines auto and the first one I put in was no good. So vines auto replaced it for free but they had a transmission shop check it out & test it before they shipped it to me. This makes me wonder what is going on. The guy that put it in said he wouldn't charge for taking it out & putting it in, just the repairs. Im just not sure if I trust this guy anymore. I'm thinking of bringing in a third party and have it checked out at a different place.
Doesn't make sense once it gets good and hot it just stops working completely.
Thanks for the replies.

aquapool
06-11-2007, 08:42 AM
figured out the problem. There was 1 3/4 quarts too much fluid in the tranny. And this was done by a place called transmission EXPERTS.
Anyone close to columbus ga. and interested in two 4hp22 tranny's for parts or rebuilding PM me. Will take almost any offers.