PDA

View Full Version : t6rany program error

BMWJEREMY
05-08-2004, 03:58 AM
I HAVE A 88 735I JUST HAD TRANY REBUILT AND NEW COMPUTER INSTALLED IN IT. RAN GREAT FOR 3 WEEKS THEN ONE DAY I GOT IN AND STARTED TO DRIVE THE CAR WAS IN LIMP MODE I TURNED THE CAR OFF AND WAITED A FEW MIN. AND TRYED IT AGAIN. BUT STILL IN LIMP MODE. WHEN THE KEY IS IN THE #1 POSITION IT SHOWS THE CAR IS IN SPORT MODE WHEN I HIT THE SELECTORE SWITCH IT TURNS TO ECONOMY BUT WHEN I LET THE SWITCH GO IT GOES BACK TO SPORT MODE.THEN WHEN I START THE CAR UP IT GOES IN TO LIMP MODE AND NO DRIVE STYLE IS ON. WENT TO THE TRANY GUY HE TRYED PUTTING THE COMPUTER SCANNER ON IT AND IT DONT SEEE THE TRANY BUT IT DOES SEE THE ENGIEN. SO HE REPLACED THE TRANY BRAIN AND SCANED IT THEN AND IT SHOWED THE TRANY WAS GOOD TO GO. AND IT DROVE FINE FOR A WHILE BUT THEN WHEN I GOT THERE AND TRYED TO DRIVE IT IT WENT RIGHT BACK TO THE LIMP MODE. ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEAS HERE I AM STOMPED HERE. WENT THOUGH MADE SURE THE CONNECTOR WAS GOOD AND THE CONNECTION TO TRANY COMPUTER WAS GOOD. PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR ME. THANKS JEREMY
SCHOEBO@HOTMAIL.COM

shogun
05-08-2004, 05:40 AM
do you see the S-M-E and the gear indicator in the dashboard?
If not, clean the gear selector switch and all is o.k.
Info how to do is on Gale's page
http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_13.htm

BMWJEREMY
05-08-2004, 10:37 AM
When I Turn The Key In The #1 Position It Comes On In Sport Mode Then When I Start The Car The S-e-m Go Off And It Is In Limp Mode. But When The Ignition Is On I Put It In E Or M Mode It Goes Right Back To The S Mode. Ill Try Cleanning It And See What Happens Any Other Posibilitys? Is That A Reason Why The Computer Scanner Doesnt See The Trany Computer Too?

shogun
05-09-2004, 03:31 AM
I had it once that it did not go into S when switching to S.
The switch was dirty. I just switched about 30 times through S-M-E while engine was off, and it was o.k.
But while you clean the gear switch, clean that S-M-E switch too.

BMWJEREMY
05-13-2004, 03:42 PM
i did all that but the problkem is still there i even replaced the mode switch to make sure any ideas what i could look at next? please help im so lost and confused and going nuts

shogun
05-14-2004, 07:45 AM
He is expert on trannies and helps out a lot on roadfly:

Kirt Koeller’s contact info:

Autosports Unlimited
Ask for Kirt Koeller
(800)624-3876 ext 5735 or direct at
(616)748-5735
europetransman@hotmail.com

Let us know the outcome of the troubleshooting.

Good Luck

Waj wsyed@carolina.rr.com
05-27-2004, 11:17 PM
There are two things you need to check. Get some contact cleaner and clean the shift lever switch and also the little auto/manual* mode switch. This sounds like an electrical problem.

I HAVE A 88 735I JUST HAD TRANY REBUILT AND NEW COMPUTER INSTALLED IN IT. RAN GREAT FOR 3 WEEKS THEN ONE DAY I GOT IN AND STARTED TO DRIVE THE CAR WAS IN LIMP MODE I TURNED THE CAR OFF AND WAITED A FEW MIN. AND TRYED IT AGAIN. BUT STILL IN LIMP MODE. WHEN THE KEY IS IN THE #1 POSITION IT SHOWS THE CAR IS IN SPORT MODE WHEN I HIT THE SELECTORE SWITCH IT TURNS TO ECONOMY BUT WHEN I LET THE SWITCH GO IT GOES BACK TO SPORT MODE.THEN WHEN I START THE CAR UP IT GOES IN TO LIMP MODE AND NO DRIVE STYLE IS ON. WENT TO THE TRANY GUY HE TRYED PUTTING THE COMPUTER SCANNER ON IT AND IT DONT SEEE THE TRANY BUT IT DOES SEE THE ENGIEN. SO HE REPLACED THE TRANY BRAIN AND SCANED IT THEN AND IT SHOWED THE TRANY WAS GOOD TO GO. AND IT DROVE FINE FOR A WHILE BUT THEN WHEN I GOT THERE AND TRYED TO DRIVE IT IT WENT RIGHT BACK TO THE LIMP MODE. ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEAS HERE I AM STOMPED HERE. WENT THOUGH MADE SURE THE CONNECTOR WAS GOOD AND THE CONNECTION TO TRANY COMPUTER WAS GOOD. PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR ME. THANKS JEREMY
SCHOEBO@HOTMAIL.COM