PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the little Gecko lizard insurance?

KurtM
05-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Time for new insurance and doing my annual research and wondering if anyone has Geico? Currently have AAA for past 16 years (live in CA) and can save $400 a year by switching. BMW gets driven 5k a year, commuter Acura 25k a year. Checked Esurance which was a little more and Progressive was really expensive.

Any thoughts are appriciated.
Thanks,

Kurt 95 525ia

Evan
05-29-2007, 08:54 PM
Kurt, I've used Geico for 15 years. I've tried Allstate and Progressive but Geico has always had the best service and best rates for my auto insurance.

Jehu
05-29-2007, 08:54 PM
Negative . Amica covering my car to the max for everything and Condo I pay about $650/yr. Gayco was way more...

spyrot1
05-29-2007, 09:01 PM
I have Geico, and so far I don't have any issues. In fact they are the only insurance company that looks for ways to reduce my premium.

Case in point: I signed up for their credit card, got a discount on my insurance, and get to pay it off interest free for a year (of course I paid it off within a few months.)

So far I haven't had any claims (and hope to never have one) but they seem to be very aggresive when it comes to keeping me happy (and I have three cars on the policy).

Tiger
05-29-2007, 10:19 PM
I have Geico... On and off for total of 9 years or so. Good company with no worry for anything. Never a problem with them. If you stay with them for a long time like you did with AAA, the insurance rate would be very low.

Unless you are a vet, I'd go with Geico... Vets have their military only insurance company... which is way cheap... Forget the name though...

E34N
05-29-2007, 11:23 PM
I have had Geico for about 8 years now.... Have had a couple of claims, and all have been great experiences. Premiums just keep getting lower and lower. BTW.. I'm in CA also.

zhandax
05-30-2007, 07:03 AM
I had Geico when I was in high school, it was only for government employees, and Dad worked for the DOD. If you are in wine country (or close) see if there is a Farm Bureau around. You have to join (about $20 a year). I pay $50 a month for the Bimmer and Benz combined. Some drunk from Alabama turned me in for hit and run on Cumberland avenue because he backed his Miata under my front bumper. My agent got him busted for insurance fraud.

BuckNaked
05-30-2007, 03:19 PM
I have had Geico since Feb of this year.
I used to have all my coverage, home, life, auto (umbrella) with another company until the brokers office had issues with applying my payment in a timely manner. When I asked them about the delay, they got snippy, so I moved my business elsewhere.
I am very happy with Geico. They seem to be very happy to serve. We had a new Geico calling center go up in my area, and I think a lot of the contact I have had has been with the local office.

txp135
05-30-2007, 04:32 PM
I was thinking about a move, but they want to charge me more than twice the rate I'm paying now for the same coverage.

stargazer_61
05-30-2007, 04:43 PM
I have Geico... On and off for total of 9 years or so. Good company with no worry for anything. Never a problem with them. If you stay with them for a long time like you did with AAA, the insurance rate would be very low.

Unless you are a vet, I'd go with Geico... Vets have their military only insurance company... which is way cheap... Forget the name though...

USAA. Very easy to deal with, but like Tiger said, must be a Vet to get in. It used to be only officers but now I think it's opened up to enlisted as well, plus two generations forward.

Tiger
05-30-2007, 05:08 PM
That's it... USAA

Scott C
05-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Gieco won't even give me a quote when I tell them I have state farm - they say they can't compete (in upstate NY).

Scott

632 Regal
05-30-2007, 05:59 PM
I dont think so!!!

Your monthly payment is:

The quote is provided to you by GEICO Indemnity Company.
$353.65

ThoreauHD
05-30-2007, 11:38 PM
I used to work at Geico headquarters in Chevy Chase, and customers seemed to be happy with them. But, all the people at Geico had Liberty Mutual insurance. Personally, I swear by USAA- but you can only get that if you or a member of your family has been in the military.

ryan roopnarine
05-31-2007, 12:29 PM
my mother switched to geico after one of their policyholders rearended one of our vehicles. i know people that were geico policyholders that are upset that they can't keep policies with them anymore. they would appear to have excellent customer service and competitive rates.

johnnyturbo2002
05-31-2007, 02:00 PM
just a side note...make sure that you know who ownsthese companies and what they support. Depending on what side of the political side you fall on you might not be to happy with insuance companies or banks or whatever...
www.patdollard.com
take a look