PDA

View Full Version : Relay this biatch...

632 Regal
05-18-2007, 04:08 PM
AC works great, so well that it refuses to shut off. I looked in the fuse/relay box and there seem to be 50 relays. I don't want to pull all of them to isolate the AC. Does anyone have a schematic of what relay is for what?

Is there a manual for this contraption that I should buy or am I SOL?

632 Regal
05-18-2007, 05:06 PM
OK found a link to a pdf. Too bad I dont understand these things, says the compressor relay is k19 & K33, compressor doesnt shut off with both of them pulled. The compressor cycles correctly.

Compressor shuts off when fuse 29 is pulled...weird

The compressor got stuck after hitting the AC button, shut the switch off, little light went off but not the compressor. switch dont seem to do a thing.

632 Regal
05-21-2007, 02:40 PM
no takers?

winfred
05-21-2007, 05:08 PM
if i think about it ill see what i can find, may take a while as i won't be getting home till 10:30-11 the next couple nights

no takers?

632 Regal
05-22-2007, 12:49 AM
working as the junkyard dog now? Hope you sleep well anyways.

if i think about it ill see what i can find, may take a while as i won't be getting home till 10:30-11 the next couple nights

grave77
05-22-2007, 02:22 AM
wait wait wait .... I had this thing that I thought it's a problem, the AC wont stop when u just switch the buttons off, turn the fan off then turn off the recycle and the AC off then turn the fan on again ... it will stop the compressor. silly but that was the way. I don't know why the made it that way.

632 Regal
05-28-2007, 10:23 PM
this is the most stupid idea I have heard...it does work though. It seems to do what it wants at times but shutting the fan then ac/recirc and fan back on seems to work every time. I need to dig out my manual on the car whan I get a few minutes and see if it mentions this non sence. And look up how to set the damn clock...lol

I need to look up your sunroof thread, mine makes noise and all just dont open and the interior material is all sideways.

grave77
05-29-2007, 03:50 AM
well .. it is very stupid, it kept me wondering for few weeks, I was almost going to detach the dash and start digging. by chance the ac was off and the recycle was too. and I decided to switch the fan on, the air wasn't that cold, I noticed this few times, I turned the ac on and then it got colder. but in order to switch the ac off u need to turn it off with the fan off wait for a min, then turn the fan on again ...

I have read that the E31 has an annoying sunroof. just like the E36, so I asked the guys at the workshop to remove it and I will check it for bad joints... etc