PDA

View Full Version : M60 air leak/rough running

Sidney Rough-Diamond
05-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Having a quick look just now at my car, I could feel an air leak on the PCV plate. The hose on the right of this picture has an air leak, and if you place you finger near the base of the hose where it enters the PCV, you can actually feel it being sucked in ( when a few mm above the leak, that is ) to plug the leak. The pipe seems to go onto the end of the fuel rail, so would this be a likely cause of the rough running,or does anyone know what this pipe is doing ?

Cheers

http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/v8%20pcv%202

bimmerd00d
05-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Having a quick look just now at my car, I could feel an air leak on the PCV plate. The hose on the right of this picture has an air leak, and if you place you finger near the base of the hose where it enters the PCV, you can actually feel it being sucked in ( when a few mm above the leak, that is ) to plug the leak. The pipe seems to go onto the end of the fuel rail, so would this be a likely cause of the rough running,or does anyone know what this pipe is doing ?

Cheers

I just replaced this on my E39 540. It cured my rough idle and low rpm stutters. You might also check the hoses that connect to it, mine were all rotted.

632 Regal
05-18-2007, 03:51 PM
that hose regulates fuel pressure. any air leak will cause a bad idle.

MBXB
05-18-2007, 03:51 PM
It goes to the fuel pressure valve/regulator.

Sidney Rough-Diamond
05-18-2007, 03:52 PM
I just replaced this on my E39 540. It cured my rough idle and low rpm stutters. You might also check the hoses that connect to it, mine were all rotted.

Cheers. Would I have to remove the PCV to attach the new hose at the PCV end ? I'm guessing from the picture it is a simple push fit at both ends.

Thanks

e34musician
05-18-2007, 04:06 PM
No need to remove anything to change that hose. I did it a week after I put the new intake gasket in - I forgot to order this little hose with the gasket.

Cheers. Would I have to remove the PCV to attach the new hose at the PCV end ? I'm guessing from the picture it is a simple push fit at both ends.

Thanks

Sidney Rough-Diamond
05-18-2007, 04:22 PM
I was going to the dealer tomorrow to order the E39 M62 engine cover clips as a mod for my broken posts, looks like I have another reason to go now. Thanks all for taking time to reply.

Evan
05-18-2007, 04:24 PM
what size is that hose? i'd like to pick up a foot or two at the auto shop