PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Ignition Lock Housing

MTV
05-12-2007, 01:28 PM
I am at a stumbling block. My ignition lock cylinder does not want to seem to pop off using the methods described in previous threads. But what seems to be the problem is the igniton lock housing which needs to be replaced. I popped off everything that needs to removed before you can slide off the ignition lock housing but there seems to be something internal that is preventing it from sliding out.

I already have the replacement parts for both the ignition lock cylinder and housing. I decided to replace both parts for peace of mind.

itsonlyme2 - How did you remove the the housing ? Did it slide off easliy or was there a trick to it?

I apologize to all but I am desperate to get it working before Monday. I am starting a new job and this is my only ride.

HELP!!! :( :(

Ross
05-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Look at your new lock and see the piece that locks the steering wheel, about the only steel piece in that cast piece of junk, that's probably it.

MTV
05-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Look at your new lock and see the piece that locks the steering wheel, about the only steel piece in that cast piece of junk, that's probably it.

I think that is the culprit that is preventing the housing from sliding out. The problem is how to get it to disengage it. Is there a trick or is the only way to remove it is by removing the lock cylinder?

MTV
05-13-2007, 06:36 PM
Finally got the housing to slide off the steering column. :D It was such a simple thing that one can easily overlook. So for those who will need to replace their ignition lock housing in the future after going through the tedious process of removing all the covers and other attachments to get to the housing. There is a removable ring/clip located right at the bottom of the spline where the steering wheel slips onto that you will have to remove to allow the housing to slide off easliy. Hope this will help in the future.

:)