PDA

View Full Version : E31 Thrust arms bushings

grave77
05-08-2007, 07:57 AM
I think 3 days ago I had to brake hard while driving M/h to avoid an idiot coming from a side road. the car vibrated really hard right after that and I got a wiggly front now. so I guess I busted the bushings.

I can't remember if they were 750 bushings or normal E34 since I bought the 750 bushings and then found that the whole arm is dead. so the workshop bought new arms with bushings in.

I was reading through the forum ...many were saying that Urethane bushings are good but generates harsh ride and shortens the life of the front suspension. now the question is: would the 750 bushings work fine with the 850? or M5 or Urethane are better. I need to fix my car in the coming 2 days so I have to decide now what to buy.

Thanks all ...

632 Regal
05-08-2007, 11:32 AM
I got mine with M5 bushings, installed the E34 ones and I dont think it's harsh at all. I'll never go back to the wimpy 750 bushings.

hard brakeing will do it every time.

grave77
05-08-2007, 01:40 PM
so the 750 bushing wont help ... I wonder how much the shipment will cost from Bruno's store?! I can't find da M5 bushings in Dubai ..

shogun
05-08-2007, 09:03 PM
First of all you need a big press to push the bushes in. Do you have that in Dubai? Probably a shop has one, I have a 20 ton press for these jobs.
I would buy the ones from Meyle, the HD version is very good.
Can be bought from Autohaus Arizona or even from Ebay.

You can also buy them from EcarToys, if you use the 5% discount from Bimmerboard members, maybe that is cheaper.
They also have Lemforder arms without bushings and you can separately order the Meyle parts.
Go to Bummerboard.com E32 board. there you find the coupon number in the ad of ecarToys.

Basically, if all parts are in good shape, actually you do not need something special like Urethane.
Meyle is fine. I get a complete front su, beet cans etc from Meyle, already in the mail from Germany directly.
And if you want special bushes, buy from the maker directly in Australia
http://www.gruntsbushings.com/

632 Regal
05-10-2007, 02:08 AM
bmaparts.com can do them up so can autohausaz.com with the M5 bushings.

so the 750 bushing wont help ... I wonder how much the shipment will cost from Bruno's store?! I can't find da M5 bushings in Dubai ..

grave77
05-10-2007, 09:37 AM
ok ... now I can tell .. I installed urethane bushings ... I found a guy doing them in Dubai that was a nice catch. I installed them with the labor for 90$ I also found 2 shocks with the springs for 140$ I also replaced the hydraulic sensor on the power steering as it was leaking like hell !! ... so the hole job was for around 200$ I guess am happy now with my car, I also found a way better feeling with the new bushings ... my old bushings were the reason of the shimmy ... I guess this mule needs at least the M5 bushings to run. and nothing less ... 750 bushings didn't work fine with hot climate ..

632 Regal
05-16-2007, 12:41 AM
another 8'er without a name...

I guess this mule needs at least the M5 bushings to run. and nothing less ... 750 bushings didn't work fine with hot climate ..