PDA

View Full Version : pedal cluster trim panel ...

fsteyer
05-05-2007, 02:42 PM
I give up! What's the trick to get the panel in place? The duct is in the way.

Thanks for any tips .....

swenpro
05-05-2007, 02:44 PM
I think mine's being held up with a zip tie

fsteyer
05-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks ... But it's supposed to be held in place by 4 screws. When I took it out I also removed the screws that hold the duct to the trim panel. But it needs to be reinstalled as one piece. I just can't get it in.

gale
05-05-2007, 02:50 PM
I know what you mean. That thing is a pain in the butt. I struggled with it when changing the brake switch and ended up taking the knee crash bolster out instead. I had it out when swapping pedal clusters but forget what the trick was to it.

BimmerMeUp
05-05-2007, 06:38 PM
I ended up busting mine the first time. I cracked the the little section that sits between the brake and gas pedal. Later, I discovered removing the upper carpeted piece (transmission tunnel side) gives you room to play when putting the thing together. Still tough though.

Macv
05-05-2007, 06:40 PM
I ended up busting mine the first time. I cracked the the little section that sits between the brake and gas pedal.

Same story here.

Jehu
05-05-2007, 07:41 PM
i just forced mine up in carefully without breaking anything but i;m not sure the duct quite fitted back over the vent opening perfectly Next time I'll remove that metal plate held on with the larger bolts that's right beneath the steering wheel. The unpainted sheet metal piece that was really what kept the piece from fitting in easily while being able to see if you mate the duct to the vent opening. I assume its the same on all e34.

fsteyer
05-06-2007, 06:12 AM
Thanks guys ... I even took off the lower instrument panel trim ... still it just won't slide in place. It's the duct connection piece that's in the way.