PDA

View Full Version : HID question, and yes........I searched

Dave M
04-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Finally wired up my HID kid (Mcculloch 6000K) and neither low beam light. I found thisrelatively recent thread (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=32210&highlight=HID+work) kicking around and a minimum voltage of ~12.5 is mentioned. I tested voltage at the stock connector and found ~10,5. Voltage at the batt (engine off) is less than 12V as the car has been sitting most of the winter and only periodically started.

So, am I hinting at the obvious. Will a voltage of 10.5 at the low beam fail to light these suckers? Its too odd that both won't even flicker. I'll be taking it for its maiden 2007 voyage on Saturday, so after that I'll try it again with a fully charged batt.

Hopefully it works,

Dave

632 Regal
04-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Dave, if you start the car the voltage should at least be up to 14volt so that should answer your question. Otherwise I have no freakin clue.

Tiger
04-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Did you check your fuse... The lower your voltage, the more amperage the ballasts draw so it will blow your fuse. Higher voltage will draw less amperage.

bmwrp8
04-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Finally wired up my HID kid (Mcculloch 6000K) and neither low beam light. I found thisrelatively recent thread (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=32210&highlight=HID+work) kicking around and a minimum voltage of ~12.5 is mentioned. I tested voltage at the stock connector and found ~10,5. Voltage at the batt (engine off) is less than 12V as the car has been sitting most of the winter and only periodically started.

So, am I hinting at the obvious. Will a voltage of 10.5 at the low beam fail to light these suckers? Its too odd that both won't even flicker. I'll be taking it for its maiden 2007 voyage on Saturday, so after that I'll try it again with a fully charged batt.

Hopefully it works,

Dave

try starting your car first then turn the hid's on..had a drain batt.last year and turned on the lights it just flickered then shuts off

Jon K
04-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Also replace 7.5A fuses with 15A fuses.

Dave M
04-13-2007, 05:58 AM
Thanks guys. I didn't want to start the car last night for just a few minutes as its been sitting for a while, needs an oil change etc........

It'll be started tomorrow and I'll reoprt back.

Dave