PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Aussie E34 owners

GJPinAU
04-12-2007, 06:44 PM
please consider attending our little get-together at Tony's place in August.

We would like to make this a really special event, with as many of you to join in.

Pundit, Nick Hay you old timers (heheh) its time to meet your tormentors ;)
LunatiC and all others from Victoria, this will be the closest meet for you guys outside of your State (approx 10 hours drive), Kev from SA is interested.
Our old mates from QLD, Rob and Keith are expected to make the journey, maybe a couple of others could venture this way.

If driving is a problem (e.g. from Perth), there would be no reason we couldn't pick you up from the airport.

As I said earlier, please consider this.
It would be great to greet and meet with you guys.

cheers,
Greg

LunatiC
04-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Yeah I might be able to come. August is too far away for me to book anything in, especially with my planned career change in the second half of the year, but rob101 has alerted me to the event and date as well, and I am definitely considering it.

Besides, it gives me a good excuse for a bit of 1-on-1 time with the E34 driving up there :P

Nick.Hay
04-12-2007, 11:33 PM
I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to come along to this, but being stuck on the small island + a uni student + Broken E34 = I think I'll miss this one!! :( :( :(

Maybe once she's going again, and finances permit... then it could well be on the cards!!

You guys could always come down to Tassie... We have some very, very nice roads (The majority of which I know quite well!!). Got a thriving BMW owner's group down here too, that do regular track days and dyno days, and motorokhanas and drives in the countryside!!

We could do a full lap of the island (5 days), taking in all of the best roads (ie all the stages they use for Targa... I should be able to get all the roadbooks!!), sampling some fine cuisine, and some awesome scenery!! Accommodation is pretty cheap down here too, and I'm sure that Tassie BMW owner's Group members would be happy to surrender their spare rooms if need be!!

Then I'd have no excuse NOT to have my E34 going again!!

Worth a though all the same... Maybe for next year?? or 2009??

As for this year, I want to see lots and lots and lots of photos of the madness which ensues!! :D

genphreak
04-13-2007, 05:07 PM
I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to come along to this, but being stuck on the small island + a uni student + Broken E34 = I think I'll miss this one!! :( :( :(

Maybe once she's going again, and finances permit... then it could well be on the cards!!

You guys could always come down to Tassie... We have some very, very nice roads (The majority of which I know quite well!!). Got a thriving BMW owner's group down here too, that do regular track days and dyno days, and motorokhanas and drives in the countryside!!

We could do a full lap of the island (5 days), taking in all of the best roads (ie all the stages they use for Targa... I should be able to get all the roadbooks!!), sampling some fine cuisine, and some awesome scenery!! Accommodation is pretty cheap down here too, and I'm sure that Tassie BMW owner's Group members would be happy to surrender their spare rooms if need be!!

Then I'd have no excuse NOT to have my E34 going again!!

Worth a though all the same... Maybe for next year?? or 2009??

As for this year, I want to see lots and lots and lots of photos of the madness which ensues!! :DToo right Greg, I agree. Nick; Find yourself a cheap fllght to Sydney it's a while away. It'd be good to get a real turn out... this will be good. Just come, the rest of us will do the organisation/food etc.

LunatiC
04-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Tasmania would be awesome for a future meet -- always wanted to drive in Tasmania, and with me being in Melbourne, Tassie is only a boat-ride away (Spirit of Tasmania).

genphreak
04-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Tasmania would be awesome for a future meet -- always wanted to drive in Tasmania, and with me being in Melbourne, Tassie is only a boat-ride away (Spirit of Tasmania).Agreed it'd be awesome. That's why the Targa rally is so good (http://www.targa.org.au/)- a few members have been to it in the past. The thing with meets are they are always a million times more succesful if they are in the middle of everyone- as opposed to out on the edge as eveyone has work and family etc to balance along with the '5er crowd meet'. Matty's gets a fair turnout (on ya Matty!) and I suspect Tony's will be the same (on ya Tony!!!), but I can only get the time to so Tasmania once a year and I have other holidays and people to thin about before being able to plump down on that. Been to Tassie once and loved it, but even if Nick said 'Here's my empty mansion and free beer for a week' I still doubt we'd get a good crew there... we're only a small community so far! :) Nick

mattyb
04-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Agreed, but id be there to enjoy on your behalf the empty mansion and free beer for the week, as would Paul i suspect. just like bagdad eh matey

GJPinAU
04-15-2007, 06:36 PM
bump

Zeuk in Oz
04-17-2007, 01:31 AM
bump
+1

GJPinAU
04-17-2007, 11:27 PM
I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to come along to this, but being stuck on the small island + a uni student + Broken E34 = I think I'll miss this one!!

Nah, can't get outa this one that easy!

How about hopping on the boat to Vic and getting one of them to give you a lift, but the way flights are you could get to Sydney for bugger-all money.

Screw it mate! bite the bullet and come along.

or are ya chicken!:D