PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Cons of a...

///Sniper535
02-03-2007, 12:07 PM
'95 540i/6 with 116,000 miles

thanks.

Russell
02-03-2007, 12:12 PM
records records records and have it inspected by a good BMW mechanic before purchase. Can be a very nice car as they are in short supply. This car should all the updates and goodies. Check out the V8 engine block failure issue on this forum and others. Good luck.

SharkmanBMW
02-03-2007, 12:17 PM
great find if it is in order, maintenance records are worth their weight in gold!

No service history and the value drops very fast...

markus
02-03-2007, 01:50 PM
im going on 126k on mine got it with 122k. i love the car but i already replaced the major suspension components that wear out and new shocks and springs all the way around. that cost me about $1300 with aligments so it aint cheap. other than the wear and tear items i need to adress such as valve cover gaskets and intake re-seal the car has been pretty solid. just be glad u found one with the 6-speed and the better looking E34 body. I prefer the E34 over the E39 in terms of styling. The only nagging problems I have had is a couple trans error programs which go away once i re-start the car. Be glad you got a 6-speed. You eliminated the one part that causes the most headaches with these cars. Id make sure suspension components and cooling system has been serviced recently because those seem to be the achilies heel of the 540. Everything else is basically the same through the E34 range. Good luck with it and belive me, the M60 loves it when you have a nice open freeway and you step on it. it will put a huge grin on ur face.