PDA

View Full Version : HID Conversion Kits - Group Buy

shogun
01-24-2007, 11:44 PM
It's from BB, but as many of you are members here and there, here is the link. Maybe some people are interested
http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/305731

Paul in NZ
01-25-2007, 03:55 AM
only 6000 tho....kinda interested but would prefer 4300 tho thats quite a few NZ$

califblue
01-25-2007, 10:54 AM
so what EXACTLY does the kit come with?
photos are of only the resistors?

shogun
01-25-2007, 11:57 AM
I do not know in detail, ask on that board, see link above.

BillionPa
01-25-2007, 12:49 PM
hmm, might grab one of those for my fog lights

Jr ///M5
01-25-2007, 06:30 PM
hmm, might grab one of those for my fog lights

I've read where HID's used on foglights defeated the purpose of the fogs. The light would reflect off the fog instead of penetrating it, making it harder to see while driving.

Unless you just want the lights to match, I left mine stock, thinking I won't have to run the fogs to supplement the old 9006 headlamps anymore and would still depend on the more yellow light of stock to help cut the fog.

My daughter's Mercedes has excellent stock amber fogs that cut through the fog nicely. Scott Hersted is running the euro-fogs (yellow lens) on his M5. They look good on his black E34, but I'm not sure they are really legal? I thought France was the only place where yellow fogs were legal. Anyone?

TC535i
01-25-2007, 06:53 PM
It's an issue of color usually. I've been thinking about 3000k color temp HID fogs. Don't get the yellow look when they're not on, but you get a nice contrasting yellow when they're on. Haven't decided for sure yet...

BillionPa
01-25-2007, 11:07 PM
i dont use my fog lights for the fog, i use them for superior visibility.

i have 6000K HID in the low beams, and PIAA extreme or whatever they are in the fogs now, and the main thing on my mind is less power consumption with the HID bulbs rather than light output.

BMWCCA1
01-26-2007, 12:42 AM
So, the group buy is for just ballasts, wires, and bulbs? Uses the same shitty light units in the car now??

Paul in NZ
01-26-2007, 01:32 AM
So, the group buy is for just ballasts, wires, and bulbs? Uses the same shitty light units in the car now??
complete and bythe sound of it a high quality HID kit.he uy seems to know about different lamps as well.I ge the impression that the kit is specific for the e 28 type lamps ie the 7 in and 5.25 lamps found on that(and similar age cars)
I would want to be sure that the presumably rebased d2s bulbs would be in the right position in my lamphousing

Paul in NZ
01-26-2007, 01:33 AM
Thats right a complete and by the sound of it a high quality HID kit only excluding the actual headlamps.The guy seems to know about different lamps as well.I get the impression that the kit is specific for the e 28 type lamps ie the 7 in and 5.25 lamps found on that(and similar age cars)
I would want to be sure that the presumably rebased d2s bulbs would be in the right position in my lamphousing