PDA

View Full Version : after lowering alignment question

markus
01-20-2007, 04:36 PM
well i jsut got my car back from firestone and even beofre they aligned it the wheel was still straight. the before alignment spec was -3 and -5 and they adjusted it back to spec. ok great. but after the alignment did the car seem like very little changed? I didnt even take it on a twisty road yet to try it but how did your cars feel afterwards? maybe its because of the $78 i spent i feel i got screwed. well tommorow i get to change my fuel filters and brake fluid :)

shrike071
01-20-2007, 08:50 PM
If they aligned it correctly, you shouldn't feel like anything has changed. Depending on your springs, you may or may not notice a harsher ride... probably a little harsher at least.

BillionPa
01-20-2007, 10:10 PM
did they align it to stock specs or to sport suspension specs?

632 Regal
01-20-2007, 11:07 PM
the only adjustment they could have done is toe in/out. you wont feel much but might feel a difference on the highway in tight twisties, thats about it.

markus
01-21-2007, 12:42 AM
yea i just went for a road with some long turns. turn in is a LOT sharper and the ride got quieter. probly because my tires are slighlty feathered on the outside. when you lower the car the tires want to point more towards the center of the car right? well i guess they moved em back out. i duno but the handling is a lot different. feels good though. i realized when i did my dash cluster bulbs i put my steering wheel back on crooked thanks to the alignment.